on 30 November 2010
Two great albums - but this is an unlistenable "remaster" of It Crawled Into My Hand Honest. What have they done? It sounds just like a repeating rhythmic hissy vinyl fault or mis-pressng, particularly bad on splendid vocal tracks like Marijuana. Even my old original vinyl is 100 times better. There is no excuse for this. Having said that the Tenderness Junction tracks are fine. So one star for that - well done chaps! AVOID IT. Mine went straight back same day. Gutted.
on 5 February 2011
I did get two crappy records at first. Then after contacting The Fugs home page, Ed Sanders wrote me back, then it all got on tracks, so to say. He put me in contact with Pete Macklin in Floating World Records in London. He directly sent me a perfect sample right from the press. And this is the good stuf. The sound of both "Tenderness Junction" and "It Crawled.." is perfect.
Please, all of you who have the same experience. Contact Pete for a new pressed record of all the great songs on "Tenderness Junction" and "It Crawled Into My Hand, Honest". Just remember to return the bugger one.
Now we're just waiting for "Golden Filth" and "The Bell Of Avenue A"

OGR, Norway
on 14 January 2011
I have to agree with the previous review. The 2nd album remaster is a disaster and is largely unlistenable. It is either a faulty pressing batch or a problem with the remastering. How did this pass the quality control? You wait all this time for the first two albums and then get this disappointing cacophony. Tenderness junction does appear to be ok but "It crawled..." into a sonic black hole! Do not buy this. I sent mine back.
on 8 February 2011
For everyone who bought this some have a fault on them we dont know how it happened,something went wrong at manufactureing stage If you send it back to us we will replace with a good one Its as we speak being re done a thousand apologies

its a classic and we manged to pull most of them before they went out
on 11 April 2011
I have to disagree with the review from Floating Records. I have just sent my second copy back. Maybe all the mis-pressings are with Amazon. This is quite a shame because there is some great early Frank Zappa-esque music waiting to be re-discovered. Oh well.
on 31 October 2011
The problems some of the other reviewers have had with bad sound must have been the result of defective pressings. I compared the disc with my original pristine Reprise US LP and found that the CD sounded slightly better, certainly not worse than the vinyl (yes, I am a bit of an audio nerd). So you get two unique albums (and even their detractors would have to admit that they are pretty unique) with good sound for very little money. I also like the booklet, which contains all the original artwork from both albums. All in all, a pretty exemplary reissue.
on 15 January 2016
These were great albums and had a good recorded sound. I suspect that too much has been put onto a single CD and the associated compression has degraded the quality of the recording such that I just won't listen to it. In conclusion, this has been a waste of money and left a sour memory of what was some great music.
on 20 April 2011
As opposed to the other reviews I found this completely in line with the original recordings (I have both on vinyl).
Musically the albums are wondrous but the quality of the originals was never so good and always were hissy.
Just listen to this for the marvellous sense of true anarchy
on 23 January 2012
Literary but crude, intellectual but rude, anarchic and very very funny. Not music of the highest order..but definitely worth a punt for the lyrics and humour.
on 2 August 2014
like the cd but it,s not the albums quoted on the sleeve,it,s disc one of electromagnetic steamboat,even though it says different on the cd,