on 4 February 2014
I would have given it 5 stars except that I don't think it is quite as good as "The Shocking Miss Caro". Having said that, it is not often that every track on a CD is great, but they are on Deleted Scenes ..... there's not a bad track on the whole cd.

Caro's songs all have meaning to them, and her beautifully clear voice makes them all a pleasure to listen to over and over again. Definitely a CD I would recommend.
on 22 May 2017
Clever song-writing and arrangements, Caro Emerald's voice is sublime and the musicians are excellent throughout. For a feel-good rating I'd give this 11 out of ten. Looks and sounds wonderful on vinyl too!
on 8 May 2016
Love love love this album. We saw Caro in concert and she is as good in real life as in an album. A fresh sound that you will love. Giver her a go and you will not be dissapointed. I defy you to keep your feet still.
on 27 April 2017
Great
on 1 May 2017
Better than expected. This purchase ( and the Shocking Miss Emerald ) replaced same CDs stolen from my car. But this one included a DVD of the Lady (and musicians ) recording. Superb.
on 18 September 2013
I play this album together with her newest album "The Shocking Miss Emerald" on my Cd player all the time.
on 14 March 2017
fantastic songs and sounds terrific artist
on 27 April 2012
This album is really enjoyable.
A good example of well written, arranged, played easy listening.
Nice, not demanding.
To listen to while driving or working.
on 19 November 2014
Brilliant!
I took a risk on this album after I heard a snippet of "That Man" on the radio and loved the sound. I didn't regret it at all. It's a hugely enjoyable album with a 30s and 40s swing sound (and hints of the Andrews Sisters) combined with 2010 production. Caro Emerald is a really good singer and she gives very good material a real sparkle. There is an excellent brass section, a fine keyboard player and terrific rhythm sound from percussion, guitar and double bass, with the addition of a bit of synth and scratching. I'm not a fan of scratching at all, but it isn't obtrusive and works really well here. The overall effect is irresistible from smoky ballads to swing numbers you just can't sit still to.

This was a real departure for me, but I'm delighted that I've discovered it. If in doubt, my advice is to buy it - it's a classy, joyous treat.
33 Comments| 188 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse