Format: Audio CD|Change

VINE VOICEon 26 November 2008
With The Now series you know what you are going to get, a collection of great and not so great pop tunes which have graced the charts. Now XMAS is a collection 61 tunes which have done exactly that in this case the christmas charts for the last 45 years. Can you have a favourite yes, are you going to like everything probably not but pop fans can buy knowing that this is going to offer variety and top 10 ten tunes for every occasion.
on 16 January 2015
I recieved a damaged box and was immediately sent out a new one. I would definitely buy from these sellers again. The cd itself is great, with some old classics and some new versions. I have to admit i much prefer the Mariah Carey version of 'all i want for christmas is you. .. '
Very happy
on 7 December 2012
I struggled to recognise the Christmasness of some of the songs, and think that they must just have been number one's or in the hit parade at Christmas time. There were a few old favourites, but as other Amazonians have said, not always the most memorable versions. I was expecting a more upbeat happy Christmas feel, but have to say that I will not be getting this one out for any parties. My suggestion to any prospective buyers would be to really look at the song list before buying.
on 3 December 2012
84 tracks for £6.50 amounting to four and half hours of music - a bargain! Nearly all are original artists and there are a few I have never heard of too. Lots of popular Christmas tracks with only a couple of eyebrow-raisers from the likes of Vera Lynn and Gracie Fields but even they stirred my heart and reminded me of Christmases past. So there's a little of something for everyone here and it makes a fabulous backdrop for a family Christmas gathering. Super value - I whole heartedly recommend it.
on 3 December 2009
i recommend people stay away from this cd, its got a few decent tracks on but not alot some of the tracks are music only NO singing

keep your money and have a look for another xmas album theres plenty more better ones out there
on 29 December 2014
Yes it's cheesier than a 1970s family pack of cheesy footballs, but then That is What I Call Christmas! Usefully divided into the more partyish stuff at the beginning, then the more sedate tunes later. All original artistes. Personnally I could have done without the dirgy version of O Little Town of Bethlehem and the contributions from Cliff Richard, but still good value even after deleting these.
on 4 September 2012
Love it! has all my favourite christmas songs. I bought this CD because my original christmas cd start to skip and had alot of scratches on it (well it is 15 years old!) so i thought it was time to buy a new CD and this one is perfect, it has all the old classics and the songs, even though i ordered it around christmas time the delivery was quick but i would reccommend buying this CD well before christmas as it came just before christmas day.
on 21 May 2012
There are some great songs on this album, and there are some really lame ones you don't want. However I bought this album on the basis of the price for a Christmas party at work, and it did the job. Even got people people singing Deck the Halls whilst doing pass the parcel! Seriously, its a good selection, great for background music and games, not for a proper dancing party - but there's probably another Now album for that!
on 16 January 2011
For years I have listened to my Dad's old Christmas CD, but as I'm about to move out I thought it was time to get my own. My only conditions were: it had to have Slade, Wizzard and The Pogues, plus some more modern stuff and NO CAROLS or complete turkeys. This CD was the best one that I could find which fullfilled these (not perfect, but most other CD's weren't as good as this).

It's got a good range of songs on, old and new, with most of them being the originals. The covers are all pretty good too, after all, a Christmas song is a Christmas song no matter who it's sung by. My only real disappointment is that 'Last Christmas' is an instrumental, no vocals at all. There are a couple of songs I will probably skip past, but I already knew they were on there (just put the songs into YouTube and check if you're not sure if you'll like them - that's what I did).

Just a warning, it's virtually the same (if not identical) to the green covered version that came out a year ago, but it's as simple as reading the CD listing - if it's the same as your current CD, don't buy it (which I would have thought was pretty obvious).

I am very pleased with this CD and am looking forwards to listening to it properly next year. Plenty of songs to keep me busy all Christmas long :D
on 29 December 2012
This is one of the poorest Xmas CD's on the market. There are many sub standard versions here, and if you listen to the whole album in one go, it is extremely boring. It could have made a brilliant single CD, but three sides is two too much.

The 2012 version is far, far better, so look before you buy.