Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.75

on 23 January 2011
The vampire for hire books are excellent. Having never heard of the author, I had low expectations, however they were quickly revised. The characters were well developed and storyline compelling. The lead character who has been given powers she never wanted at the expense of her happy family. Not heavy on sex but heavy on plot and i cant wait for the next installment.
on 29 August 2011
Like the first book, this was a thoroughly enjoyable supernatural romance detective story. But there is more than one mystery in here, and none of the most interesting ones are solved. This book is also short, and ends on a cliffhanger.

I don't like cliffhangers, and I don't like cynical marketing ploys either. If the writer had played fair and this book had been, as it should, a mostly self-contained full-length novel, I would have been happy and continued buying. As it is, I won't.

To the author; your books are good enough to stand on their own merits. This kind of thing will lose you as many readers as it gains.
on 18 June 2011
BEWARE - this book is VERY short and has a lot of references to book 1.

The thing that I feel has really spoilt this series for me and will put me off anything further from this author is that the endings are not absolute - there are unanswered questions that encourage you to buy the next book. I feel this is just a really cynical marketing ploy and I refuse to be manipulated in this way.

J R Rain - you should have more confidence in you ability to build loyalty in readers by presenting a good read at a good price rather than relying on cliff-hanger endings telling only half of the story to encourage more product sales - shame on you!
on 4 February 2011
I have to admit to being a real fan of J R Rain having read alot of his books. The Vampire for Hire series has the makings of a classic. Samantha Moon juggles a family with being a vampire after an attack six years ago. She sees her husband grow distant and the pull of her condition weighs heavily on her role as a mother.

I would recommend these books to anyone who loves the Mystery, Thriller or Urban Fantasy genre. J R Rain writes about extraordinary beings in ordinary settings and his prose barrels along at a good pace.
on 29 May 2016
I'm wondering who Fang is, great series, love all the different story coming together, and got to say J R RAIN Sam moon is amazing thank you for writing this series 😊 ok next book loaded and ready to go 😱
on 13 March 2011
After reading and loving the first of this series, straight away I downloaded and read the 2nd. It was even better than the first one and now I can't wait for the 3rd :-)
Samantha is a a great leading character who is believable (as much as a vampire can be!!!) funny, sensitive and tough. Great the way she is discovering new powers and love her relationship with Detective Sherbet.
Roll on the next instalment :-)
on 29 August 2012
As vampires go, what is there to dislike about Samantha Moon? She's so versatile whether in 'natural' or supernatural mode.
Despite being the main character, the other characters are quite powerful in their own right.
Poor old Detective Sherbet, as if he hasn't got enough to deal with professionally what with sightings of enormous flying creatures and reports of equally enormous 'dog like creatures' strolling around the neighbourhood, Sherbet who reminds me of a modern day version of Dixon of Dock Green (for those old enough to remember him) has a serious doughnut problem and he's heading for the Priory for detox if he doesn't cut back.
To make matters worse, his son loves pink, enjoys playing with barbie dolls and has the occasional crack at cross dressing. Come on Sherb, it is the 21st Century.
Sams skills as a Vampire continue to get better almost on a daily basis and her 'Husband' relishes in making her squirm. If you've ever wondered what is lower than a snakes belly, look no further, it's Danny her hubby. But as they say, 'What goes around comes around'.
I never expected the book to end the way it did, what a cliff hanger. Thank the Lord I downloaded #3 onto Kindle.
May the series continue to flourish, this vamp is heading for the Ivy League on fast track.
If you haven't read from #1, you are missing a real treat.
on 28 November 2012
If you like private investigator stories, and you like vampire stories with a difference, then you will probably really enjoy this series. I got the first in the series as a free kindle book and after reading for the first time, noted that this was one where I would definitely bother to come back and pay for the next installment - which after re-reading the first one, I have now done for all of them! It is best to read them in order as they follow fairly closely story-wise. I missed 4.5, Christmas Moon (novella), and had to go back after number 5 to fill the gap. This is the 2nd in the series, where Sam is getting to grips with her condition, Kingsley (her client from book 1), Danny (ex-husband from book 1) and she and we find out more about her new self. The last (long) section of each book is always filled with adverts and samples for other books, not necessarily J R Rains, and after a couple this starts to become annoying. Hence 4 not 5 stars.
on 14 March 2012
I found these books whilst looking for something half decent to read on my Kindle and I have to say I am impressed. The pace is excellent and I love the shap humor and wit with which the author writes. I suggest you download them all and read them as they have made me smile, laugh out loud and shed a tear! Superb!
on 21 August 2011
What can I say? Again a brilliant read. Sam pulls on my heart strings. I have all the vampire for hire books, and I know they will be as good as ever. These books are a must, they will get you too. This is another series that could go on and on. Love them.