Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Depeche Mode Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 2 April 2011
The cover is more robust than my previous iphone 4 cover. the phone fits on the cradle with no need to align the device (unlike the Powermat Portable Mat which needs a bit of alignment - which the customer support did warn me about before purchase). There is a audible sound and light to let you know that it's charging and also there is a micro USB lead that plugs into the bottom of the case so that you don't need to remove the case when syncing the phone. Would definitely recommend purchasing as it's really convenient just to drop the phone on the cradle when you get back home although as mentioned earlier the portable powermat is a ltle fiddly.
on 1 May 2013
Does work fine unlike the free format mats where alignment is a nightmare. But really all this is, is a charging cradle where you simply lay the phone in the cradle rather than have to plug the phone into the cradle. To be honest that is an improvement on most cradles but not really the concept behind a charging mat. You really want to come in, plonk your device down on the mat, preferably have more than one device on the same mat and it all works without fuss. In essence this product line does not work to that degree which is a shame and presumably why most of the product line is now being sold at 90% off list price.
on 17 March 2013
Nice compact unit, nice price and just sits on my desk, tells me with a tone that the phone is in place and charges it. What more could I want?
on 19 May 2013
Its a good idea in the other phones i.e. battery overlay hidden inside the phone but on the iPhone I dint like the case its cheap plastic that looks pound shop. I cant believe the original price but the price hear makes it more bearable.
I believe new cases from the joint venture Duracell have a colour and finish that's far better and looks to be the same deign.
The charger looks a lot better quality than its case.
Bedside I did get some hi pitch noise when charging its not loud but at night you can hear it just, also there is no upright position so its hard to see from bed. They made the circuit off center so you have to put the phone in with charger cable at the top.
There has been a mod to put the charge circuit inside the iPhone but its a difficult mod for skilled moders.
I find this charger to work well and I don't get the iPhone message this is not an original charger as I do from my dock.
I think with a better case or back plate mod this is a winner.
I wanted to use this in the car (no Powermat Car!) but the charger runs off 18v from the mains adapter so may get a laptop car PSU for the car it only needs to be a low power one as charger gives output of 1Amp or a car mains invertor.
The plus side is that the case has a micro usb that comes with a lead and is a standard micro usb data and charge connection. Links to iTunes, syncs and charges. So you can have both wire and wire free.
I may look at a new case if the Powermat Duracell are still compatible or mod this one into the phone back plate.
on 12 July 2013
I like this because I don't have to fiddle around with cables, especially when it's dark and I'm tired, I can simply place my phone into the charging dock.
Another bonus is that I the home button on my iPhone 4 doesn't usually work, but when my phone is in this case the home button works perfectly every time, the connector much push the home button contacts up slightly to make it work.

I do have two problems with this, one being that the light on the mat is quite bright, not a problem during the day of course, but at night it's a bit annoying having to cover it up.
Also, the back of the case where it clips onto the phone isn't quite as flush as I'd have hoped, I can press the case and it'll go flat but then bounce back - (It's hard to describe).
on 8 March 2013
A great gadget - just drop the phone on the pad - charged in no time. Locates itself. Makes a little tune when located in place and makes a little tune when you remove. Light is on all the time at edge of pad to show charging - when finished light goes out so you know its done - never over charges - holds charge on phone as long as any charging method. The only thing I find is the case the phone sits in is slightly heavier than any other case Ive used but thats because the case has the magnet at back to charge phone when on chargong mat - other than that its a great idea and a great gadget. No more looking for cables. Sits on lounge sidfee board where easy to drop phone on when needed.
on 13 December 2014
Great product, works as it should and the micro USB port is hand for when you're out as you don't need to carry your standard 30 pin charger, you can simply use your mates if they've got a smart phone, really impressed
on 4 January 2014
Bought it as a present for someone, they have the mat neatly sat on there desk at work and its easy and conveniant for them to just drop it on there. Nice distinctive tone so you know it is on and charging.

Only downside is that the case feels slightly tacky as just plastic but does a sound job as being a protective case and for its capapbilites is very neat and tidy.
on 1 April 2013
Brilliant product. Just wish there were more adapters for it, and the plate was flat not sunken. If i could lay my ipad mini on it i would have a charging table for all my gadgets!
on 19 March 2014
Advertised as having a power mat but was just a charging dock and not as described or pictured. Slightly disappointed to be honest