Customer reviews

WD Blue - 320GB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - OEM
Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change
Price:£39.50 - £65.50

on 24 June 2012
Not much I can say here, very quick delivery. The most important thing though is the drive which I purchased to replace one of my RAID 1 drives from a Dell 9150.

My sequence yesterday was to physically identify the drive that started to re-build now and again inside the PC then:

* Disconnect the SATA cable and Power cable,
* Turn on the PC which picked up that there was a missing drive
* Turn off the PC and remove the old Maxtor drive and replace it with the WD drive.
* Turn on the PC which had to firstly identify the new drive and then require a reboot.
* On reboot the RAID option was taken to identify the new drive and choose the option 'Re-build to this drive'
* The drive re-built successfully and restored my RAID configuration.

So in summary the drive works fine and I can relax again.

With so many Drives out there I am happy with my purchase.
on 8 April 2016
Bought this hard drive as the system drive on a dual boot Win7/ Linux Mint desktop PC. It was noticeably quicker than the older WD 160GB drive it replaced and a little quieter too, as the old drive had a few little clicks now and then, because it was old stock when I bought it about 5 years ago.

I always buy Western Digital drives and in over 12 years I have not had one fail, although I do tend to retire them after around 6 years of daily use when they become long term archive devices rather than drive for everyday use.
on 28 March 2014
Used to replace previous version which had given 7 years solid service. Easy to install and looking forward to more reliable service from Western Digital.
on 18 June 2012
So far, so good. The HDD is rapid (SATA 3) and works very well. No issues what so ever with it, it worked straight after connecting it to the motherboard.
on 13 January 2016
Not cheap, but genuine and works very well. Keep clear of the WD Caviar Blue drives at a bargain price. They are not the bargain they seem.
on 1 December 2012
Yes no Problems with this hard drive, windows installed very quickly and the drive is very very quite, good buy.
on 21 September 2016
No problems with this and worked straight out of the box - always had good experiences with WD products.
on 27 March 2012
Arrived on time by post really well packaged, at 07-15am, got me out of bed, so that's all I can say.
on 1 December 2016
Nothing to say. It does what it is supposed to. Good product
on 2 May 2016
does what it's intended for