Price:£7.98+ £1.26 shipping

on 29 April 2014
Questions are often not clear (video quality, too ahort), video fault had very little added value. On the internet are a lot of quizes and videos free of charge.
on 28 December 2013
but what do beete rif I knew where I put it !!!!! aarrgghhh

Maybe not be completely up to date with todays rule changes but that only adds to the fun and debates) that can be got for this fun game.

RECOMENDED
on 25 October 2013
This has come to a family full of football players, referees, referee assessors and want to be referees! We have great fun playing it and it's been no surprise that those who are or have been referees get more right than those who only play! It's been insightful for the players and a good refresher for the refs.
on 26 August 2013
This game was for a present and was very well received. I would have no hesitation recommending it to a friend.
on 24 September 2011
This isn't perfect, but it's so much better than nothing. I've been to ref training sessions run by my county FA and begged them to put out something like this, and they've always said "it's impossible because the TV rights are all tied up". So I was really pleased to find someone's sorted that out. Of course it could be better - you are too far away from the action, you aren't getting the referee's line of sight, and it's very different watching a screen instead of being on the pitch - but I thought it worked really well within those limitations. It makes you think about what's reckless, what's a clean tackle and so on with some advice - that's hard to get for a level 7 ref in children's/vets' football.
One of the other reviewers complained that the answers are sometimes inconsistent with the decision that took place on the pitch - I think that's brave of the producers, because they are saying that the real ref got it wrong. After all, the real ref can't replay the clip. There's one at least where I've replayed it several times and I disagree with the answer given (and the real ref!) but that's life.
I don't suppose many football players will watch this, but it would be great if they did. Two reasons: first, appreciating that the ref's job is really hard and we have to make decisions in an instant with no replay. Second, being told again and again that "I got the ball" doesn't always mean "it wasn't a foul"!
on 13 September 2011
As a referee myself I thought I'd buy this DVD game to sharpen up my performances. The game works well in this respect, giving a fairly clear picture of the scene to allow you to make a decision.

My one criticism would be is that the game assumes the referee on the day is always right. Believe it or not, my colleagues and I do make some mistakes and it would be good if someone had reviewed the footage before releasing the game.

Aside from that, non-referees quickly get bored of the game - as they get most of the questions wrong (particularly those relating to specific items of Law).

Recommended for referees if it's at a good price...
on 6 June 2011
I have to disagree with the other reviewer who is a referee. I am an amateur referee and I pride myself on being knowledgeable on the laws of the game, so when I was given some spending money for my birthday I thought I would treat myself by buying this dvd and the other Prozone Referee Academy dvd. The main problem I have with this dvd is that on a number of occasions the answers given are not consistent with the clip as to what actually took place!! For example, on one clip the answer is "a two footed tackle is always a sending off offence" and then when you watch the clip the player is cautioned with a yellow card!! There have been a least 3 inconsistencies I have found so far in this manner. Another frustration is that within the first hour of playing the game I was already seeing question clips repeated so I knew the answer as the game was already repeating itself, which is not great for a £20 game. All in all, not recommended as a serious learning tool, but may be for a bit of fun if you are not taking it seriously, and you have a terrible memory!!
on 31 May 2011
Disappointed in this purchase, especially given the strong reviews it has received, for the following reasons:
- the screen size for the video replays is small (even on 42" TV);
- format consists of only replays, plus 2 multiple choice quiz questions per game, hardly imaginative;
- some of the clips end before the "offense" has occurred making answering the question impossible;
- answers to multiple choice quiz questions are not given; and
- when the answer is unclear, then the rule seems to be, "if in doubt, book him!".
on 20 March 2011
Tried to play this as a DVD on a PC. It worked but hangs every now and then. On the TV via a DVD it works better. However, I think it poorly designed game with scenes difficult to view. Just did not like it at all and after a hour or so of trying to use it I have put the software back in the box and I doubt it will ever come out again.
on 5 March 2011
This game is very good on the points of law, and uses real video footage from games in England for the action sequences. The action sequences are generally shown from a distance (presumably so you can get a feel for play), and because the video screen is only 1/3rd screen size incidents can be difficult to see. The ability to enlarge the video screen would greatly enhance the product (perhaps you can but I haven't found out how).
When you've made your choice of answer, you get an explaination of the correct decision if you were wrong, and also get a chance to rerun the video. The incidents are shown in real time, and there is a time limit for you to answer, so for anyone who hasn't had the joy of refereeing, you get an idea of how quick a decision is needed, though you may have problems in a game if you took the full time allowed.
If you want to improve your knowledge of the Laws of the Game, become a referee, or are a level 7,8 or 9 ref, then this is a good way of enhancing your knowledge, if the videos were closer, it would also be good for level 6's. For anyone else interested in football, it could be a bit of fun, when there isn't a game to watch.