Customer reviews

on 25 September 2017
Firstly, yes it does bounce (unlike a glass one) so you will be able to use it again once you've dropped it.
Secondly, if you're looking for more reasons, it does keep coffee nice and warm without getting overly hot to touch.
However, not a deal breaker, but the opening in the lid to allow you to pour coffee is weirdly angled so you get quite a slow stutterring flow which is just a bit irritating. Also, can't work out why, but sometimes (even with the same amount of coffee brewed for the same time) the plunger goes down smoothly all the way, and sometimes requires a bit of force. Can't work out why but clearly it isn't a mark of quality.
on 20 August 2013
although this Cafeteria does what it should do, i.e. make coffee and keep it hot. it does not look anything like the one in the advert. The one I received is very modern looking. It has straight sides and a hook like handle. I wanted one to match the smaller one that I already have, and am very happy with. I did not have time to send it back and have it replaced before I wanted to use it, so I am stuck with it.
on 20 January 2016
I wanted a small, one person cafetiere, that wouldn't break if I dropped it on the floor, and would keep my coffee hot while it brewed. This fits the bill perfectly. True, the weld attaching the handle isn't the prettiest, but the pot is solid, works perfectly, doesn't drip or leave grounds in my cup, and makes a good cuppa.
on 18 July 2017
lost a point as where the handle is fixed to the body you can see the weld / solder (not sure how it is fixed) I admit to being very fussy & you need to weigh up cost vs quality.. overall happy & it does the job very well in a stylish manner...
on 10 June 2014
Had a bad weld on the handle and leaked water into the double wall but as usual Amazon replaced immediately.
Incidentally the plastic top & plunger from the glass one fits -so don't throw away.
Also suggest dismantling the mesh etc to wash in the dishwasher top rack as stale grounds oxidise & ruin the next cup ( this applies to all cafatiers not just this one).
on 4 October 2013
Nice purchase. The 8 mug jug is larger on the outside than it looks on the inside, due to the double walled construction. The coffee stays hot for well over an hour, probably close to two hours. It is easy to clean and I put it in the dish washer after every couple of uses. The lid does not collect water, like some reviews claim. I have broken two previous glass cafetieres, so this is an overdue purchase. Lovely and looks very stylish and seamless.
on 14 September 2017
only problem is that the metal filter/mesh got split in 2 places and cuts the top of your skin when cleaning if you are not careful.
parts are very rarely found and if so are very expensive
on 30 December 2014
Attractive design. Easy to clean. Still looks like new after many uses/washes. Holds enough for 4 medium sized mugs or 8 small cups. Not to be confused with Thermos flask in retaining heat, but good enough for short term use. I am very pleased with this cafetiere and would buy this item again.
on 19 September 2013
We needed a cafetiere that we could take to camp and not worry about breaking the glass, or any plastic parts melting as it sits by the open fire. This was exactly what we were looking for. It was well used and it even kept our coffee warm which is always a problem when outdoors. It sat happily right beside the fire and it even looked good there.

We love it. We've put our old glass cafetiere away, and only use this one now.
on 7 October 2015
Particularly pleasing when a second cup is needed, desired. A smaller version exists for a quick mug, though as an additional is so frequently desired this holding a remaining coffee, and hot, some remaining milk on my tray insists another mug (another croissant too!)