on 10 June 2018
Brilliant. Anything by Jimmy McGovern is. Lots of recognisable faces in each episode. Gripping dramas and all very different yet relatable to.
on 2 June 2013
A great drama series with astonishing plot, intriguing characters and heart-breaking performances from some of the greatest British actors. I totally loved it! I cannot wait to order the series two which is going to be released in a few days.
It mooved me so deeply that I cried but at the same time I felt deeply the power and the sharpness of the social critique implied in the scenarios. Juliet Stevenson and Andy Serkis are magnificent actors! I adore them.
A highly recommended TV series.
3 people found this helpful
on 20 February 2014
I bought this on the strength of the wonderful acting skills of Christopher Eccleston and
was not disappointed. An interesting collection of stories which would suit people who
like courtroom dramas with a twist.. keeps you guessing and not too much dry courtroom procedure
on 3 January 2018
Excellent
on 22 August 2017
Arrived earlier than said... perfect condition
on 10 September 2012
Fan - tast - ic. Only word for it. Each story is a gem. Each story is gripping. So glad I discovered Jimmy McGovern's work! I've also recently ordered The Street - another wonderfully gripping series by McGovern. Buy Accused and The Street and you won't be disappointed!
One person found this helpful
on 29 April 2013
Had just seen the second series on TV and realised I had not seen all of the first series, so got this set. Not to be missed if you like gritty British drama. All of the actors featured are truly outstanding. Better than many current feature films in my view.
3 people found this helpful
on 25 July 2017
Really good
on 29 January 2014
A grim collection for the most part. The story featuring Andy Serkis is so downright creepy it's unwatchable. But a couple of gems in the gloom. Might be different picks for different viewers. Acting and production are top drawer.
on 4 June 2014
All I will say is buy this series. Great acting from some of the finest actors around today. Well done to the bbc, they can produce good dramas when they want to.