Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Learn more Learn more Download now Shop now

on 3 February 2014
Miles better than those leave in mechanical meat thermometers... Our last one stuck & ruined a goose!
Really sharp so goes in easily... Be careful washing it!!!
A doddle to use, much better than guessing or graving to slice open a joint to have a look.
My family is fussy, my dad likes everything well done, the in laws like everything pink... This takes the guess work out of it... Have a look on line for meat temps... Much better/safer than stated cooking times which vary wildly & some border on dangerous!
on 8 July 2013
I use it to test water temperature as part of a Legionella routine survey. It does work but the time it takes to measure the water temperature is very long (in excess of 2 minutes to reach 60 degrees C).
on 10 February 2015
Hassle free transaction.
good price.
all the functionality we required. Actually more - all we really need to know is the temperature of the running water on site.
It does this accurately and clearly. you can see the reading going up or down as appropriate. when it doesn't change for while that's your temperature. There are min/max and like a last reading stored type feature but we don't need/use them. The instruction sheet was a bit small and not easily clear and were at the bottom of the tube the thermometer is stored in. But we got them out for what they were worth.
In short - good price simple to use does what we want.
ACID TEST: would I buy again/recommend - YES
on 21 May 2015
First impressions are good ..... the item is quickly responsive in reading out the temp. I went for four stars given a measure of awkwardness re my intended usage >>> a paraffin wax hand bath to help arthritis. Need to keep the thermometer in place for several minutes until the temp. drops to 54. However, there is no obvious way to 'secure' the therm. on the side walls of this bath - and my therm. dropped into the liquid wax! Means a messy degunge. Shall have to find a way to tie a string around and hope to anchor it. Can't keep placing therm. in and out 'cos every time you do so, it picks up a coating of liquid wax on the shaft, which quickly wants to solidify - and thus needs a scrape off which is a hassle. To be fair, maybe my reqt. for the Digiflex is a bit of a speciality - certainly not food/drink related - but that said, anyone propping up the therm. against a slippery and large bowl surface may find it rolls into the product
on 3 July 2013
And very good it is too.

The main thought I'm left with when using stuff like this is "how do they do it for the price?". Well I suppose "they" in this case is the Chinese, and their currency is under-valued and they have a limitless stock of former farm workers to assemble stuff for a fiver a week. It's a testament to economics and technology and advances in the past thirty years that a little piece of kit which would have been science fiction in 1980 is available for a trivial sum of money now.

What can I say? It's a slightly miraculous thing that does its job perfectly. If only everything that costs £4 was as good.
on 12 July 2015
Bought this for using with my outside grill/bbq.

Arrived very promptly and packaged well.

Thermometer came in a clear plastic cone which is handy for storage when not in use.

I have used a couple of times and it provides a very reliable reading. I used it for simple hamburgers on the grill and for chicken wings (neither of which were pre cooked). The thermometer is sharp enough to pierce the food and after holding for around 10 seconds will provide an accurate temperature. Both myself and my wife felt that the food was cooked perfectly so can't really say fairer than that.

It has a handy save button that allows you to save the last recorded temperature rather than straining to read it whilst trying to avoid putting your face on the grill!

Only criticism I have is I would say is you are never really sure when it has an accurate reading. A beep or something might be helpful, but of course the temperate will always be going up so might not be possible.

It is certainly value for money.
on 10 March 2018
Great little item.. writing this review seven years after buying it, not used loads but more than enough times to give an accurate review.. still has original battery in, still going strong, very handy..
on 23 December 2014
Not particularly accurate especially when sugar boiling. I have reverted back to my original sugar thermometer. Primarily bought for yoghurt making as you need specific temperatures. The purpose of using thermometers is to measure temperatures, however, anything creating steam and the thermometer stops working! I had to remove the battery and leave the probe to dry out for a week before it would work again. Wouldn't bother buying another one. I think I will stick to the old school method.
on 24 January 2012
This is a must for any home cook who needs to know when their Goose is cooked, or Turkey in my case. Small & neat but long enough to penetrate right into the heart of a 20lb Deep Fried Turkey. No need to read directly as there is a hold button that stores the temperature so you can insert it just about anywhere at any angle & still see how hot or cold your bird is. Comes in a handy hard plastic tube that protects the probe from damage in the kitchen drawer or if transporting for BBQs or outdoors. Fab device & can't see how we got along without it for so long. A great companion for those who like their Turkey Fried & not Dried...!!!
on 14 August 2015
Fantastic value for money. I was a bit worried when it turned up as the instructions had the kind of poorly executed English you find in very very cheap Chinese made electrical goods but I have been pleasantly surprised. Easy to use, by my calculations very accurate and easy to clean. You really don't need to break the bank on an all singing all dancing thermometer when this is around. Highly recommended.