on 3 August 2017
Never really listened to the Stereophonics that much, only knew Maybe Tomorrow, Have A Nice Day and Dakota. But buying this and discovering the other songs that are on this, there is some real bangers! Gets a little bit dirgy and monotonous on some songs but there's a good bunch of tunes on here that I enjoy listening to. If you want a good introduction into this band, this is the CD to buy!
on 23 August 2015
None of my friends would call the Stereophonics their favourite band. However, they all like them. It us a curiousity, the Stereophonics have that 'below the radar' feel and there is no rhyme or reason to that. Take, for example, this album. It is as good a selection of modern songwriting and music as you will ever find. Catchy tunes, proper lyrics, nicely balanced, as we would say 'crafted'. Kelly Jones has one of the most sublime voices that you will find; it is the focal point in their songs, either soft and emotional or strong and every bit the rock front man. For those less familiar with the Stereophonics, you will find song after song on here that you recognise. Class act, every bit of the way, and possibly the best group that you never really noticed.
on 25 April 2014
When this lot first appeared I didn't think much of them, and left well alone until I heard 'Dakota'. The customer reviews for this album were pretty good, and 20 tunes for a silly price was worth a punt. Many of the tunes selected here rang a few bells when I heard them, and I must say that all 20 were well chosen. If, like me, you want a retro-discovery of a certain band, you will be hard-pressed to find a better collection than this. If you feel that Indie/Indie-rock is not really your thing, you may consider that a few of these tunes are considerably better than the 'niche'? For this price it's worth getting, even if you don't like all of it!
on 30 September 2013
I'm not sure why there are so many reviews referencing a 2-disc set. This is a single disc collection, as is stated clearly on the product page.

Not that this detracts from the quality of the music. It's all their best of for the last 10 years, along with a couple of new tracks. For those folks that only know "handbags and gladrags" as the theme to "The Office" I strongly recommend that you pick this up and give the rest of the catalogue a listen.

The new tracks are pretty good too!

If you already have the full Stereophonics catalogue, then this probably isn't worth picking up. If you know a few tracks and like them, but don't own so much, then this is perfect.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 1 June 2014
I'm not a massive fan and I bought this because it's a bargain. A CD with 20 tracks and free auto rip for the mp3 download for £3 is a snip. And to be honest, I'm enjoying it. I thought I only knew a couple of tracks, but I soon realised quite a few are familiar. And it gets better with every play. Some raw vocals and good solid music. It's a great addition.
on 5 August 2015
Came fairly late to this group , I often take a while and a long listen before I will take to a group , in this case it was tracks like Dakota and You're A Star that won me over . On this album are another 8-10 very good tracks , the rest are ok to me , although its always a matter of taste. A band with a very distinctive sound but with enough variety to keep it interesting . One of those albums without which no collection can ever be called complete
on 3 June 2014
This collection of hits is great for people who, like me, very much enjoyed the music of the Stereophonics back in the late 90s/early 2000s, but didn't really purchase much of their oeuvre. Listening to the CD reminds you of just how much of it you can remember and sing along to, even if you hadn't recognised the titles when you read the track listing! From the stomping Bartender and the Thief to the sumptuous Handbags and Gladrags, there are very few songs that don't get you instantly swaying or tapping your feet. And, certainly in my case, being reminiscent about your teenage years! A great collection from some excellent, and often underrated, musicians. Well done guys.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 November 2014
I only listen to CDs when I'm ironing or doing lots of dishes and usually tire of whatever's in the stereo within a week or two. But I've been playing this for months and am still discovering something new. I expected to be familiar with only a handful of the tracks but found, to my pleasant surprise, that I know lots of them and they are all good. Highly recommended.
on 18 March 2018
My wife was very pleased with this (present). So all good. (Not my sort of thing though...)
on 16 April 2017
Great and good service from the seller