on 5 July 2017
good value
on 14 March 2017
good light but take 40 seconds to warm up
on 30 December 2012
These bulbs come on almost instantly with about half full output. This fairly rapidly reaches full strength in under a minute. The light is and on the warm side.amd pleasant. They replaced 40w bulbs so the electricity consumption is cut to less than a fifth. Their appearance is not quite as pleasnat as the old tungsten bulbs but such refinements will probably come in time.
on 19 September 2013
The old energy saving bulbs showed too much of the bulb above the light shade and looked strange-these are a good alternative
on 20 August 2014
We've really liked these light bulbs so far. After we moved into our flat where all the light bulbs were old style (not energy saving) we just seemed to have on light bulb go after another. Brought these to replace them with as they use a lot less energy and last a lot longer. They take a second to come on after pressing the switch. If you're used to old style bulbs then it is a noticeable difference but something we've got used to. Also, like all energy saving light bulbs I have used they take a little time to reach their full brightness, but once there they are just as bright as traditional bulbs.
Would recommend these as never had a problem with them.
on 8 January 2015
I bought this 10 pack of candle bulbs about a year ago. We use three bulbs per room in the dining room and living room, in a 1930s semi so they're not particularly big rooms. The lights felt bright at first, replacing 18w halogen bulbs, and initially I was pleased with them (despite the 30 second warm up time). But they're now only bright enough for watching TV etc, I wouldn't want to read in the light. It's not a particularly clear light, it's the classic energy-saving light that almost looks a little hazy.

I've more recently installed LED candle bulbs in the hall (LAP 7w warm white bulbs, £7 per bulb from Screwfix) and it's a much nicer light, more like a natural daylight. And they come on instantly! I would expect the LED bulbs to last longer and remain a more consistent colour over time.

I don't regret my purchase of the bulbs reviewed here, because at the time they were probably the best option. However, now that LED candle bulbs are widely available at more affordable prices, I would recommend those instead as they're vastly superior.

So, if you're thinking of replacing your current crop of bulbs for a more energy efficient option, I would recommend either buying LED bulbs now, or holding out a little longer until LED bulbs are a bit cheaper. Ideally I would swap mine to LEDs today but I can't justify £42 when the current bulbs are still going. If you need a stop gap measure or just can't stretch to LEDs at the moment, these will be fine. Not great, but fine.
on 23 December 2014
I've bought a number of different low energy bulbs of late as we recently moved house and this pack is up there with the best I've bought. The bulbs illuminate quickly (although not as quickly as the old halogen bulbs) and unlike your conventional energy bulbs actually look like a proper light bulb. That's the deal breaker for me - the bulb doesn't actually look out of place in a light fitting unlike those normal horrid looped bulbs.
We haven't had any break or run out yet, so I'm very happy with this product.
Recommended.
on 26 January 2013
Really bright, look fantastic in my candle lights. Quick delivery. Delighted. What else can I say? I will use this company again, for sure. They were by far the cheapest I could find and I have now been using the bulbs for 3 months (didn't want to write the review too early in case the bulbs didn't last long!) But they are still glowing brightly!
on 22 September 2012
These bulbs are excellent - they take a few seconds to get to full strength, but they start about 50% brightness. This is actually quite useful where I use them - it kind of gently adjusts my eyes from dark to light.

They are quite bright, but then I have 4 of them together. Energy savers like this are definitely the way to go - not just to save money (and at this price it won't take long), but because they just last longer too.

Highly impressed overall.
on 21 October 2014
Bought these for an old chandelier and wall lights, as I could no longer buy old pearl candle bulbs and the light fittings do not
have shades, so did not want to use clear ones. Very pleased with the look of these and they don't take long to fully light up. The price was another bonus compared with local shops.