Customer reviews

on 22 May 2017
I enjoyed this book as the finale of the series but preferred the earlier books hence four stars rather than five. The difference being that in the other books in the series the fantastical part of the story remains intertwined with reality. Having said that as an adult reader coming to these stories late having deliberately avoided them at school because of I didn't like being told what to read I'm probably not the target audience. I enjoyed the series overall though
on 27 December 2013
I adore the whole series and have ever since I was a child. Before Potter and Pullman there was the world of The Dark and The Light, bound up with Athurian Legends and the history of these Isles. Truely magical for all ages with a strong moral lesson that under pins the narrative in such a way that it is entirely natural. As relevant today as when it was written.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 October 2017
Good series of books .
Reread after 30 years and enjoyed them just as much .
on 21 December 2013
A book (and series) that works on more than one level and encourages suspension of disbelief. I loved it! A shame the series wasn't longer. It was especially interesting the way several strands from earlier books came together.
on 21 March 2016
Brilliant book, no matter how old you are or how many times you read it
on 3 September 2013
I love this series. It never dates, never loses its charm. The only thing that really irritates me is the price. Why is it so much more to buy the complete series on Kindle?
on 6 October 2013
The final book of the story which began in over sea under stone. A great finale. Wish there had been more
on 21 August 2014
Read this years ago as part of the series. I enjoyed it then and enjoyed it again this time round
on 18 May 2014
Great final to all these books in the series. Read the 1st 4 as a teenager and recently reread them after finding them in the attic in my mothers house. Was delighted to discover there was a 5th book I did not know about. Particularly liked all the Welsh references being from Wales.
on 11 May 2015
Very good book in a very good series.