Format: Audio CD|Change

Prior to seeing this Blu-Ray, I was fairly confident that Leona's vocals would be outstanding but I did have my doubts as to whether she would be visually entertaining in a live concert - whenever I have seen her sing on TV she has always seemed so much more comfortable standing still and concentrating on her voice. But, I couldn't have been more wrong in my prediction - this concert was amazing, both vocally and visually.

The show opens to a scene reminiscent of an underground cave with pillars, upturned stones and plants winding their way around the stones. The lighting and smoke provides additional atmosphere. The stage darkens and a hooded figure slowly emerges from the back of the stage - Leona has arrived to huge screams and applause from the crowd.

Throughout the concert the theatrics are imaginative, the scenery and props add ambience without being too obtrusive and the dancers are second to none. I played `Take a Bow' over and over again just to watch their energy and co-ordination. After that you think it can't get any better - but just wait until you see Leona singing whilst being pushed around the stage on a rope swing - it must have taken her a lot of nerve to do that as she is pushed fairly up fairly high above the stage - and not once does her voice falter.

Leona has a number of costume changes throughout the performance. During two of them we are treated to videos of Leona which easily make you forget that you are waiting for her to reappear. `Ride a White Swan' is a delight to watch with Leona resplendent in a straight white wig and white costume, of course riding a large white (fake) swan. In the second video, `They Don't Care About Us', you will see Leona in a very different guise - I didn't recognise her for a second in her very tight figure hugging gear and perfectly straight hair. If you have ever had slightly naughty dreams about Leona then this is how I imagine she would appear in them.

Leona does join in with the dancing during many of the songs - perhaps not as energetically as other pop stars, but she doesn't need to, the key to this concert is her amazing voice - beautiful and full of such emotion. During the concert she performs 18 live songs and two video clips. I didn't hear a single note out of place, not once.

Throughout the concert there were many cut shots into the audience who were obviously enjoying the show. It was nice to see such a large age range represented, from young children to pensioners. It just goes to show the broad appeal of this young lady.

If you like Leona and her music then this disk is absolutely worth getting.
VINE VOICEon 29 November 2010
Having supported Leona Lewis since her appearance on The X Factor I was delighted when she finally toured and promptly bought my tickets. The show was absolutely brilliant; the sets, dance routines, costumes and performances were all absolutely fantastic, but what stole the show (perhaps unsurprisingly) were Leona's flawless vocals. This Labyrinth Tour DVD/CD combo brings back brilliant memories and the second I put the ten-track live CD on I got goosebumps as the power and beauty of Leona's vocals struck me once more.

If I had a minor quibble (and it is a minor one) it would be that I would have preferred more tracks to be included on the live CD. In particular I feel that her medley of 'I See You/Can't Breathe' should have been included, as in my opinion this was her best performance. However when Leona starts singing 'Happy' any such quibbles are instantly forgotten...

As for the DVD itself there are no extra features or bonus elements simply a 97minute run through of the concert. The staging is something to behold and highlights of the DVD have to be 'Brave' and 'I Got You'.

All in all I would highly recommend this to anyone who attended the concert or indeed anyone who was unable to go; basically any fans of Leona! Trust me you will not be disappointed.
on 2 December 2010
She's boring, she only stands at a microphone and her concerts are mostly empty. Some of the nonsense you hear from so called journalists. Well judge for yourself. Leona sold over 200,000 tickets for her first UK tour and trust me she doesn't just stand at a microphone and sing ballads for 2 hours. It's a full on proper show, she dances, gets put up in a tree and sings whilst swinging in the air.

Vocally Leona has always been excellent, she shows it here, no silly miming, she does full on pop numbers like Outta My Head to the stunning First Time Ever I Saw Your Face ballad.

The DVD has been well put together and beautifully shot and edited with care, there are plenty of uptempo numbers from Leona including Better in Time, Take a Bow (a stunning performance) the cracking Forgive Me (the live arrangement is so much better than the studio version), Sweet Dreams and so on.

My only minor gripe is she didn't perform Naked (the track that is!) and I See You the theme from Avatar was shortened. However, for ballad fans Leona nails Can't Breathe and the excellent Homeless.

If you want to see some plastic barbie doll who has to mime whilst she dances (you know who you are) this is not for you, but if it's someone who is a craftswoman at her art of singing then this should rock your boat.
on 4 December 2010
This concert is a must for everyone! When it came to the actual tour i couldn't stop going, went 12 times in the end and i think about it still now with a smile! This DVD captures all that love and excitement perfectly! As soon as i pressed play i was back in the O2 and i smiled and cried, even applauded, non stop. The theme of the show was the fantasy film Labyrinth and the dvd to me is as magical - it's edited and filmed so beautifully, with gorgeous outfits, sets and choreograohy and of course the star of the show is out of this world.
Leona shows that she's a total star and acts both as a diva and a total sweetheart throughout, so much of Leona is put into each performance that you feel genuinely close to her when you're watching this. Yes i'm a fan, a fan from day 1, but i know many people who have since been converted since watching this, they see what Leona can sing, what she can do, and the lovely and passionate person she is and they finally get it!

If you went to any show on the tour you need this to cherish the memories, if you didn't then you need this to see why next time you will. As a fan i am so proud of this and and as a fan of music i can assure you that voice cannot be matched.

Oh and as someone who has seen her perform live 18 times now i can assure you that she is the best live singer out there, note perfect and full of emotion.
on 24 October 2015
This CD & DVD I was just blown away this was the best music live at the O2 & the dance moves as well was out of this world Leona was fantastic greatest bit of entertainment I have in my entire collection just loved every moment.
on 4 December 2010
This is the best show I have ever been to! I went to see the concert twice - London and Cardiff and I have to say it is just breathtaking! Leona's vocals are just outstanding! the band and singers are top class and the show itself is put together brilliantly. This DVD is well worth the money to experience the best live vocalist in the world today! I was filled with emotion watching it all over again! an ideal christmas present!
on 27 January 2011
I highly recommend this DVD/CD, it is absolutely brilliant. This woman is such a professional. If you have not got this, GET IT.
on 3 December 2010
I really wanted to see this live but missed out on tickets - thank god for this fantastic blu ray release!

Love her or not, technically Leona's voice is absolutely spectacluar and no one can deny that. I have to admit, I was uncertain how she would carry her own live show, but she is a fantastic show woman, and it's admirable just how much she puts into both her performances and entertaining the crowd. She really works her socks off!

The production quality on stage is phenomonal - it's probably the most stunning live music performance I've seen. Breathtaking sets, fun dance routines, gorgeous dancers and a fab live band all add to the greatness of the show.

The Blu ray quality is excellent, although there are a few issues; not full HD at 1080i for some reason, but the image is mostly crisp and always beautifully shot. Sound wise, it could be better. Sometimes it can be hard to hear Leona above the crowd or music. But the overall quality is second to none.

A fantastic addition to my music collection - love it!
on 11 December 2012
I purchased this on Bluray purely for the fact it's stunning quality and with the surround sound, you can enjoy!

Great price and the cheapest I could find.

You will not be dissapointed!
on 6 April 2011
Excellent DVD, capturing the atmosphere of a great concert (we were there!) and allowing us to see Leona in close up (why does the O2 not have huge video screens so those up high in the "Gods" can actually see what they paid to go and see?)
The CD is a nice reprise of a selection of tracks - great for the iPod, really just a bonus.
Excellent value for moneyThe Labyrinth Tour: Live At The O2 [Blu-ray] [2010]