on 13 March 2014
This is ideal for those occasions when you don't want to carry a full sized tripod but need stability for the camera to produce crisp photographs. It is a robust, no frills mini tripod. it stows away quickly and into a very tight space. I recommend it highly.
on 4 March 2016
Super little table top tripod. I've been looking for a long time for a product that fits all of the criteria that this meets.
I'm obsessed with keeping down the size and weight of my travel photography gear and when I'm flying, I opt for the smallest and lightest that I can possibly get away with. My existing kit already includes an ultra light weight carbon fiber tripod and I pair this up with the brilliant little Manfrotto 482 mini ball head. The Cullman Copter (without the optional ball head) is smaller, stronger and lighter than any other options that I've previously tried. This is largely due to the size and weight advantage of not having the ball head attached. Products like the Manfrotto Pixi dont give you this option because the ball head is an integral part of the design. Now as I already travel with my full size tripod and the Manfrotto 482, all I need to do is swap the ball head between them. This combination gives me a load bearing capacity of about 2Kg (but easily takes more) where as the normal kit ball head which comes with the Cullman Copter is only rated at about 1Kg.
The combination of the Cullman Copter and Manfrotto head give me the smallest, lightest and best weight bearing combination that I have so far managed to find. This, however, is only true because I already pack the ball head so I'm not adding any additional size or weight.
The picture that I'll add below shows the Tamron 70 200mm 2.8 VC mounted on a Nikon D610 body supported by this tripod / ball head combination (attached at camera not on the lens collar) . You wouldn't trust it in a strong wind but under normal conditions it supports the weight and the leverage of the long heavy lens quite comfortably.
Note: you need a 1/4" to 3/16" adapter between the tripod thread and the ball head for this combination to fit.
review image
on 9 July 2015
Having just been abroad on holiday to Rhodes and reluctant to take my tripod with me I was resigned to the fact, I would have to do without. Being a lover of HDR scenery I soon regretted it. Decided to check the local shops where I enquired about a small tripod and was shown this product, I gave a Nikon D3200 and Tamron 16-300mm lens as well as a Sigma 10-20. This little tripod works excellent with this setup as well as creating a handle to hold the camera. It also closes down to a small size.
on 25 November 2013
A Canon 5D mark Ii is a heavy camera, especially with an L lens. You need a solid tripod capable of holding at least 4 Kg.

This tripod has the virtue of having non-extendable legs. Without a head, the tripod holds the camera solidly into place.

Furthermore, it collapses into a very small volume. Therefore, it has earned a permanent place into my smallest bag.
on 21 August 2014
I needed a small sturdy tripod and this seemed the likely candidate. Works well with the cullman ball head I have. The tripod itself feels very sturdy, with a nice solid feel it fits nicely in my camera bag.
on 8 January 2016
Very sturdy - Great small stand, holds my DSLR very well
on 22 April 2016
best and sturdiest pocket tripod I've ever used.
on 14 March 2016
Very compact well made tripod.
on 16 January 2015