on 1 March 2017
Decided to upgrade to the Blu-ray version
and went for the boxed collection, 4 great movies
at this price (£8.99) you just cant go wrong.
Have ordered the 5th film Retribution,
and now the final film will be released (march 22)
ending the series, ( R E The final chapter )
I have ordered that to complete the collection,
dvd version was great but I would now highly
recommend the Blu-ray version. It just looks
and sounds so much better. Recommended.

Update, The Final Chapter out around 15/07/17
on 10 September 2016
I watched this 4 movie series on Netflix and decided to get the bluray discs. Mila Jovovich is the beautiful but indestructible superheroine who battles a world infected by a zombie virus as well as a supercomputer determined to destroy all humans. Plenty of mindless action and the storyline is nothing special but watchable all the same. This boxset comes in a slim line box with 4 discs inside and at a bargain price so well worth getting. There is a 5th movie called "Retribution" which I'll get separately.
on 22 March 2014
Following this collection enjoying all I must say that it really holds your interest full on with being different and entertaining. Storyline is fantastic but seems to go astray in some of the movies that followed. They are different and full on with twist and turns keeping you amused and some edge of the seat, with nail biting scenes. So I rated these movies an A grade plus for unusual and marvelous entertainment from beginning to end, Story based on a game series to which go from a deadly virus, walking dead, plus taking out a huge corporation know as umbrella which is pure evil. Some heart pounding tension in all movies. Cast are fabulous and perform that makes you feel involved as well. So now go and get the popcorn and try and relax to these nerve tremors that rock the body at every turn when another scene comes forward not knowing what's next. Enjoy!
on 4 July 2015
If you know the RE games, originally released on the Sony PlayStation and then to other consoles from RE4 (I think), then you'll know these movies. As they are based on the game.

I love Milla Jovovich regardless of what she's done but in this movie franchise, she really excels at playing Alice. Her looks, height and build is perfect for the very arduous role she plays.

There are four discs in this package with each disc containing the Resident Evil movie and a ton of bonus extras.

Seriously worth the purchase, if you are thinking about it :-)
on 2 July 2012
I only saw Resident Evil very recently. I probably needed to grow into it. I saw the third film when it was shown live and decided I wanted to see the rest of the series. So I found this amazing bargain (amazing considering the individual release of the fourth film was still ten pounds). I got it, and I have completely lost my heart to it. I am a fan of video-game inspired movies and keep my ears tuned for any fresh ones to come along. I have never seen any of them in the cinema and I bought this almost on a whim to see what it would be like. The first movie is a splendid rendition of the atmosphere and horror that made the original game such a hit. The second brings back images from the second, third and fourth main-series games, while the third continues the saga in an unexpected direction, with the Death Valley locations turning it into an unsettling film. The fourth film is a bit more like a blockbuster, but then it had a larger budget. THe performances through all of them are consistently entertaining, with Milla Jovovich surpassing herself as Alice. There are almost unexpected turns from Sienna Guillory (an award-worthy performance compared to her elf-princess in Eragon), Oded Fehr (Ardeth Bey in the new Mummy films) and Wentworth Millar (from Prison Break). On the whole, a splendid piece of entertainment, reccomended for those who like a liberal sprinkling of female characters, stunning kick-ass set pieces and frequent images from one of the most popular and genre-forging video-game series ever created. I look forward to the fulfillment of the series.
on 8 August 2013
RESIDENT EVIL;
------------------------
A botched attempt to steal a very powerful virus sets of the automatic defences in a top secret underground facility known as The Hive, locking all employees inside. Directly above, Alice wakes up in a shower not knowing where she is or even who she is. Upon searching her room she finds, hidden in a locked drawer, guns, and lots of them. A few moments later she stumbles upon a tactical response team on a secret mission into The Hive to dispatch of the Red Queen...

For a videogame-based movie, I must say I like it. I remember the first time I saw it I felt real skeptical because of the catastrophic attempt of videogame adaptations like Street Fighter, Super Mario Bros and others. The acting is good, at least compared to other action movies, and the special effects are overall also good. Being a zombie movie it contains a surprisingly small amount of blood and gore to which you get an explanation though, which makes it more interesting and thought through (the blood has coagulated in the undead bodies, ergo they don't bleed in the normal sense).

The release was better than average, a big step up from the DVD, with sharp and crisp picture throughout and intense colours.

3 / 5 stars

RESIDENT EVIL: Apocalypse
----------------------------------------
Continues directly after the first one where Alice once again wakes up not quite knowing where she is. After exiting the hospital she finds herself back in Raccoon City where the dead walks the streets...

This sequel was a bit of a letdown. First of all the director tries too hard to make it look like the video game, with all from how the characters move to how they are dressed. This is particularily apparent in the case of Jill Valentine. Sure, it's fun to recognize a character from the game in the movie, but lines have to be drawn somewhere, and I think they crossed it by a mile. What works in a game may not work in a movie. I also thought the acting was below par. In some scenes I could almost feel how silly the actors felt, especially Ms. Guillory. On the plus side was the special effects which were way better than the first with much less apparent CGI.

The picture was sharp, nice saturated colours with very little grain. Only problem was with the sound which was prone to distort during loud scenes. The recording volume seemed to be a bit on the high side, and the difference between the lows and the highs were quite extreme. Not a big problem but anyway.

2 / 5 stars

RESIDENT EVIL: Extinction
-------------------------------------
Five years after the Racoon City incident, the T-virus has spread around the world and humanity is on the verge of extinction. The only way of surviving is by constantly moving from place to place to avoid the undead. A small band of survivors, led by Claire Redfield, choose to make for Alaska where supposedly the virus hasn't reached yet...

My favourite so far, better than both its predecessors. The special effects are better, the acton scenes more intense and the gunfights seem more realistic. And this time, when the zombies are shot there is blood, and quite alot too. It also felt as if the actors did a better job, especially Ali Larter who is a bit out of her element portraying a tough survivor.

Regarding the release it was also excellent, best of the three first, and nicely balanced sound with great space and dynamics.

4 / 5 stars

RESIDENT EVIL: Afterlife
----------------------------------
Another seven years later, Alice decides to take action against Umbrella in Japan, bringing her clones that she discovered in Extinction to help out. After all, one Alice is bad enough, and letting them fight 30 or more is truly devastating! Wesker escapes in an airplane, with the original Alice on board, but just when she is about to end his evil reign he sticks her with a syringe containing an antidote which strips away her special powers. Helpless against him without them she tries one last desperate thing...

Paul W.S. Anderson is back in the directors chair for this sequel, both for the better and for the worse I think. He has a thing for slow-motion action sequences, a bit like Zak Snyder, and usually I think it's OK to use it in a small amount but I felt that certain scenes in this movie looked like they'd been copied from The Matrix. No new thinking at all which is a shame, as Anderson is most of the time an accomplished moviemaker. Apart from that, it's an entertaining 90 minutes with more gore than the previous ones and also, so far, the best special effects. In my opionion this is as good as the first movie.

This was also the best release of them all, slightly better even than Extinction, with a really good surround mix, crisp picture and well-saturated colours.

3 / 5 stars

All in all, I recommend it to fans of sci-fi action movies and considering its price, just buy it!
on 24 March 2016
I've always prefered the films over the game. Having them in this collection is nice. The discs are great quality and the films as good as ever. They all fit within one case, the size of a regular disc case, and it has a cardboard cover on it.

Hopefully they update the collection to include Retribution for future purchasers, but I'm happy with the four films as they are, and having Retribution seperately.
on 20 May 2017
Being new to the franchise after playing Resident Evil 7 I was curious to see what the movies had to offer. For this price and it being blu ray it was a great buy. The movies are decent and well worth a watch to anyone who hasn't seen them before, they have a kind of video game style to them.
on 13 April 2016
The item came really fast, in perfect condition.Everything is as described.The price is cheap.I'm glad 'cause I've wanted that titles.I'll buy again.
I think all the movies from that franchise are really interesting and entertaining.That BLU-RAY edition is REGION FREE with great quality.There's deleted scenes,music video and a few making of's.
on 3 August 2015
Very speedy delivery. Excellent collection and very entertaining. I haven't seen these films before but the wife liked the first one she saw on TV and I bought the collection for her. I have to admit they are well made and fairly easy to follow the storyline although I don't usually watch "zombie" films this one is much better than most - haven't seen the rest yet so might have to revise that!!!