on 9 February 2011
After looking for some time for a sleeve to give more protection to a Dell 1750 17" inch laptop I found this one.

The sleeve has give and a little spare room it is not a tight fit, just a comfortable, I do not have to struggle in zipping the sleeve closed.

There is a pocket to hold a disk, a spare battery or the lead. Well made and water proof, it gives the protection around the house and when traveling an extra buffer in the case. Delivery was sooner than expected, at a good purchase price.
on 8 August 2013
Very good quality.

Fits a lenovo thinkpad T420 with the dimensions 34 x 23.3 x 3.5 cm (length x width x thickness) perfectly. It is very snug fit, but in my opinion this is perfect for my purposes. You could just about squeeze a usb cable - not an adapter cord though - into the front pocket of the cover at the same time as the laptop.

The odd smell that some have mentioned is because it's made out of wet suit material and apparently this is a normal smell for new wet suits. Having dribbled water on the outside, it ran off very easily and could not feel any penetration through to the inside. Having had neoprene covers before, though, if it is sat in water for hours, it might feel damp on the inside so I would imagine it would be sufficient to protect a laptop against showers but don't leave your laptop in the bath inside the cover...duh.

I would say this is a good cover to buy for those dimensions mentioned if you're looking for a protective cover when carrying a laptop in another bag. Probably not suitable as an external carry-case as it would not protect against hard knocks.

Update at 3.5 months. Developed a small tear therefore have deducted 2 stars - I guess the laptop was slightly too big for it after all. It still works as a good backup in my laptop bag.
on 1 March 2011
I had been looking for a laptop pouch to go with my new Dell XPS 17'' wide screen laptop.
I was a bit worried aboujt the size of the pouch as it's a big laptop. I need'nt have worried, It's perfect in quality and size and can highly recommend it for your larger than average laptops.
on 30 December 2010
Bought this for my new Advent Vega tablet. Fits it well and looks good quality - excellent value for the money
on 4 November 2010
The reason I chose this item was because of the zipped pouch, which was perfect for storing my external DVD Writer plus a few pieces of stationary. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived that it was of good quality neoprene, thick enough to protect my laptop from bumps and scratches within my bag, and also had a relatively heavy duty zip. Very impressed and would recommend to anyone.
on 4 November 2010
I have a lot of laptop accessories, bags etc and was looking to slim down my collection for traveling abroad. I wanted a sleeve that could protect my 15" MacBook Pro and carry the power supply and fit inside a small carry on trolley case for the plane.

In simple terms this was the perfect sleeve for the job. It is well made with a durable zip for the main pocket and then there is an extra pocket on one side (the reason I bought my one) to hold all manor of items. Whilst it is probably designed to carry small light weight items like a USB mouse, phone, CD's or notebook & pen etc I find that it does a grand job of holding my power supply as well (I make sure that the laptop screen is on the other side of the sleeve should there be any pressure from the power supply whilst in my suitcase).

All in all it is a simple but very affective sleeve. Buy one, you won't regret it.
on 11 February 2011
Very good quality, flexible and safe material, zip is very ok (not ripping or damaging side of a laptop), too. The front pocket can easily carry my power charger. Would recommend, great product for its price.
on 23 September 2013
I bought this off the strength of some strong reviews, but there is no corner padding at all. The laptop presses straight onto a zip which may damage the laptop finish itself in time but if it takes a knock to the corner there is no protection.

The smell - yes it does smell a bit but it's mild and I suspect this will go in time.

Apart from the lack of corner padding its' a good case and has a zipped compartment for items. Shame - as I do need a padded case
on 22 March 2011
so far pleased with my pouch. fits my 17 inch HP laptop beautifully. loving the extra pouch for cable which fits snuggly and zips closed. great product.
on 14 August 2012
Yes, it does smell. When I got it at first it was awful, and was washed straight away. After 3 separate washes, plus 2 days outside on the line to freshen up, the smell was a lot better. Now that I've had it a month, it smells fine.
It fits a June 2012 MacBook Pro 13" nicely. The small zip compartment is big enough to hold small items like a flash drive/ small HDD/ iPod lead, but not big enough for charger. This is a good sleeve to keep my Mac protected in my bag from my other kit. I can also fit a Wacom Bamboo Pen graphics tablet in the sleeve as well which I sometime do for protection of both.
This sleeve won't protect against drops, but should be ok with stopping scratches, ingress of dirt etc. Fast delivery from company and a great price.