on 18 February 2013
Back in February 2011 I purchased an Optoma HD600X-lv Projector so that I can enjoy Movie's, TV and Games in HD with a big screen experiance, right in my bedroom. When I first turned on the projector (even though it had good reviews), I was dissapointed with the picture quality, skin tones were off, white was blue (picture looked too cold), colors were distorted, etc. I simply fixed these problems by going into the projectors menu, changing the display mode from Presentation to Movie and played about with a control in the projectors advanced menu (called BrilliantColor, that I disabled and it matches the blue filter pattern that way), but after that I noticed that blacks were a muddy grey color and the image looked a little washed out. I simply kind-of fixed these problems using the THX Optimizer in the setup menu of a DVD disc, after that it was better but not perfect. So I needed to resort to something better.

I came up with the idea of purchasing a proper setup disc and borrowing a PS3 or Blu-ray player to do this properly. I was down to quite a few choices here, such as Spears and Munsils, Digital Video Essentials, and a few more and out of the lot, this seemed to have the best reviews and I heard was the easiest out of the lot to use. I simply popped in the disc just to find out that when I started this up, I was almost self-explanitory, you just have to follow simple instructions (set the brighness so that only star 1-5 is visible, set contrast so that stars 1-5 are atleast visible, etc.). and after following these simple instructions, my onscreen picture was much better and how it should be displayed for every type of content that I would be viewing, my projector now shows every step of grey (16-235) and is too my liking, thanks to this disc.

Also, this disc doesn't just include basic setup features, it also includes eductional clips on everything to do with HD, Frames-per-Seconds, Cables, etc. (so you can atleast be turned from a noob to an amature here) aswell as some content from Disney Pixar Blu-ray and DVD movies to test out your TV/Results. If you want your TV setting up nicely and want to know more about the Audio/Visual world, don't hesitate, JUST BUY IT!!!
on 7 February 2015
i don't think this is worth buying as it made no changes to my tv and basically it's all down to adjusting Brightness and Contrast for your personal preferances.
on 4 May 2014
Highly professionally produced (as would be expected of Disney), with clear interactive instructions which makes it very easy to use. It still took probably a good hour to use if only to confirm certain limitations of a new Sony TV. No doubt I will use it again in a couple of months time once the TV has been used for a few hundred hours. Excellent value for money and worth the wait from the USA!
on 23 December 2013
This is a good basic calibration tool. Unless you want to be buying light meters and such this will give you a pretty good picture quality and explains a lot of the theory behind it. Has a good set of clips of disney movies so you can test your picture out and hear your surround sound in full glory. Admittedly some of the features are pretty useless to the layman, especially all the sound frequency stuff, but all in all a good package. The pixel shifter is another reason I bought this and is a good idea for anyone who owns a plasma tv. It can solve your image retention problems and worked for me!
on 28 October 2014
useful and easy product to calibrate the tv. it can be basic simple or professional installer standard depending your needs
on 3 June 2013
A brilliant item for those of us with limited experience with tv tec. Well thought out and simple tutorials, and an opportunity for the more experienced to dig deeper.
Some tv's will not allow all options on some players, but just borrow another one which worked for me. And after seeing the difference the setup makes i will be using WOW on every set in the family.
on 29 September 2014
Great product. Learn how your tv works while improving the picture.
on 29 July 2014
In all honesty I'm not sure this has made much of a difference to my picture (I have a 2014 48" Samsung series 5).
on 11 August 2013
Only did what my L@G HD TV did on auto, though if you find the Television manual hard to follow it is worth paying for this DVD.
on 14 August 2014
Excellent beginners calibration blue ray, easy interface.