Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 15 January 2011
As a Maeve Binchy fan,I have devoured all her books and I agree Minding Frankie sees her back on top form. I feel there is little I can add to the positive reviews but maybe if you haven't read Heart and Soul, try and read it first so that it refreshes your knowledge of the characters who reappear. Although Minding Frankie is a stand alone book, I found myself trying to remember the details of the various characters such as Declan, Muttie and the twins. I was devastated when Maeve announced a few years ago that she was retiring as I would no longer have a big, fat book to devour on autumn nights. Glad she came back! Now for the next one...
on 26 May 2017
A brilliant read as always. The book could be about any small community and makes you feel part of it all. The characters come alive and you feel like you know them all and this wonderful little girl called Frankie who helps people grown and love life once again. Thanks Maeve Binchy you did it again.
The last book I read of this authors was not inspiring so I was reluctant to buy this one, I came upon this in a charity shop so I bought it. WOW, Meave Binchy has returned! this book was so in your face, the characters stood out, they lived and breathed with you and you with them, sadness, happiness and 'what's going to happen next' was all in this book. Truly a page turner.

It was sad in places and you cry, then you cry for joy in other places, I haven't told you anything about the story as all other reviews together gives the story, so please read all reviews equally, but let it be me that says, go buy it!
on 12 July 2017
These books always deliver. The stories lift your spirits, bring you to tears, make you happy and remind me constantly of Ireland and my family. Great.😊
on 16 April 2017
Maeve takes you right into the stories' one almost feels like you are living with the characters . Iloved it
on 4 May 2017
Great Book could not put it down.
on 30 April 2017
Lovely story which follows the lives of a group of characters in one street. The writer draws you in and you feel like you live alongside these people. Couldn't put it down and when I did found myself wondering what the characters were up to.
on 3 August 2017
Excellent read
on 15 August 2017
Fantastic read
on 2 March 2014
I've not read Maeve Binchy book for a while.Now I remember why I've read so many .It was a delight.Old and new characters and heart warming stories.Some made me smile and some brought a tear.What a wonderful storyteller Maeve was.
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse