on 27 March 2011
The Kindle Silicone case from the Qubits range seems to 'do the job' it was purchased for.
The only real critiscism is the fact that the very bottom of the case and the 'band' above the keyboard (below the screen itself), is rather 'slim' for the job. It really needs some form of 'double sided sticky tape' or something to help keep it in place rather more robustly than just leaving it to chance.

Having said that, I have had no problems really - though they both tend to move a bit whilst the keyboard is in use sometimes. Which leads me to suspect that at some time in the future, I will have to replace the case. We shall see.

Other than that I think it's better than nothing - and it's cheap enough too!
14 people found this helpful
on 22 August 2011
This case is perfect for what I wanted. I tried about 5 expensive cases for my iPhone before I opted for a simple silicon rubber one, so I wanted a simple similar one for my new Kindle, why spend £50 on a case for a £111 product? This case fits, works perfectly for it's use and is so inexpensive it's silly. If you want a no nonsense, inexpensive, useful cover for your Kindle then this is it. I've dropped it a few times recently and it just bounces!

All the button functions are easily replicated and typing is still easy, the right click on the directional pad is slightly harder to click but not enough to complain as it's inherent in a case designed to do this. Main thing is moving forward and backward on pages is perfect.

One tiny thing though, there are no clear instructions on the best way to put your Kindle in the cover and I think if done incorrectly it might stretch the case out of shape. I sussed it out and all was fine but worth a note.
on 30 August 2011
The skin seems to pretty much do what you would expect it to do. I mainly bought it because I'm always using cream on my hands for dry skin and quickly discovered that the Kindle doesn't much like grease stains on its back. This skin at least protects it from my slippy hands.

It's thick so offers a little bit more protection from a fall I would imagine.

It fits a little loosely but at least that made putting it on a simpler task than if it were tighter.

A little niggle is that it does add a fair bit to the weight of the Kindle, but I guess you have to lose something to gain something else.

All the buttons are accessible and work fine between and under the skin, so at this point I'm calling it a good buying choice.
One person found this helpful
on 26 July 2011
Ordered this Kindle cover from the 3rd party via Amazon (using regular delviery) and it turned up a few days later - so no problems there. As for the case, its just what I wanted. A well fitting silicon skin with cut-outs in the right places (eg around keys and speakers). It does not move around and is simple to fit and remove. It protects the kindle (excepting the screen) from fingers, dirt and light scuffs - but would not protect it if you dropped it. The page turn buttons work fine through the skin.

In summary, its a well priced, simple protective cover for the Kindle body that allows full use of the device. Dont pay any more for a silicon skin than this.
on 2 August 2011
REALLY glad I chose this case - it fits the Kindle snugly and none of the buttons are impeded by the silicon.
Feels nice to hold when reading.

I bought one of these to go with it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003Y767LW/ref=oss_product

The pair complement each other nicely - This one to keep it safe from drops etc and the other for when storing on travels.

Only slight niggle is dont put it down anywhere dusty (or Sawdusty) as it tends to stick to the silicon.

Other than that - pleased as punch
on 26 August 2011
I hesitated buying this when I got my Kindle but decided - after reading other reviews - to chance it as the price was reasonable. At the same time I bought a "folding book" cover to protect the Kindle.
As yet I have NOT used the "book cover" as this skin case has given me all the protection I needed on a day to day basis.It is well made and appears "durable."
Will probably use the "book cover" when travelling with Kindle in bag or case
on 9 April 2011
Ordered on the 6th, arrived post free on the 9th. Thank you Pod Monkey. Was far better quality than expected, rather heavy due to the high quality of the product, but that adds to the protective value of the item. It is very well moulded, fitting my kindle perfectly. No smell!
I did notice that you need more pressure to turn the pages, but I consider all the advantages outweigh this minor negative.
Very pleased I got it.
One person found this helpful
on 29 May 2011
I needed something to protect my Kindle whilst carrying it about. From looking at the picture I had expected it to be like a folder, but on closer inspection it is just showing what the back looks like! Regardless of my mistake, I am as pleased as punch as I can even perch the Kindle on my knee without danger of it slipping off.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 May 2011
Gives the Kindle a feeling of strength. Lots of plastic worry me in case I knock/drop it - with this case I am sure it will survive such accidents - thought I am not going to test the theory!! Feels very comfortable in the hand and not slippery and adds no extra weight. Excellent value. Easy to fit.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2011
An excellent protective cover. It also gives you better grip of the machine. Every kindle owner should have one. The actual cover is a piece of precision engineering which allows access to all the various function ports/speakers.