on 29 March 2017
So I bought this to go along with my new Hero5 Black for when I was skiing.

I also own the karma grip gimbal stabiliser so I had the ability to check the quality of footage from both.

I used the chest strap initially and the footage is pretty good. The only issue is that the camera will not angle back towards you very much. So if leaning forward, whilst skiing for example, you get a lot of ground in the shot.

I also had a rucksack mount for attaching the karma grip which gives good stability and footage, but it's a delicate thing and extreme sports such as skiing can put the grip in peril of being damaged so I'd probably use the chest strap in future for skiing and leave the gimbal at home.

I'd recommend this for activities where your torso is fairly upright, unless you like (or want) the ground in your shot.

Note: The image shows the camera inverted, I must say I have not tried this yet. Not sure if it gives inverted video or corrects itself like an iPhone. One to test out I think!
on 5 September 2016
I had to update this. After initially giving this a 5 star rating, I have had to drop it to 1 star.
After a 6 months the remote has stopped working and doesn't charge. This was really disappointing to discover, especially while on holiday.
on 30 December 2016
Works well WHEN it connects, which isn't always. This is probably down to the GoPRo and not the remote, but overal its a poor communication system.
The screen is just a joke though. Very hard to see, even in good lighting. Ive used it a few times but on the whole its let me down more than its been useful so i dont rely on it. Very over priced.
on 29 June 2017
This device was used from my filming hide in the deserts of Dubai. The Hero5 camera was in a remote setup overlooking the burrow of a lizard. When the Lizards head popped out I could operate the record function form 20 meters away. This is a seriously good piece of kit for any cameraman. MP
on 17 September 2016
Perfect!

This wrist housing was perfect and was just what I wanted for going on holiday. I brought this product for a holiday to Disney World and it was everything I needed. It was comfortable to wear, easy to get on and off your wrist and the housing was easy to open when I needed to change the batteries over.

Disney are really strict on rides with what you can and can't have due to safety reasons but this wrist strap allowed me to go on rides and water slides with no problem. I got some really great footage with it also so have a lifetime of memories from my trip now! The strap is also made of neoprene (the bit that is in contact with your wrist) so it wasn't uncomfortable to wear nor did it make the camera dig in.
on 8 August 2011
This is a definite 'must buy' if you are going to be using the GoPro in a fixed position like a vehicle roof, bonnet, windscreen, etc. so that you can preview the position and the angle of the lens, i.e. r4 or r5 setting. The BacPac also makes it so much easier to alter the settings on the camera and is ideal for reviewing the footage you have taken. My only problem was some wind roar when using the vented back on my 4x4 (travelling slowly) but the suction mount has a fantastic grip and can stand up to some hefty shocks. The LCD screen does add quite a bit of extra weight to the camera though and in future I will probably only use it to set up the camera then remove it to reduce the stress on the Acrylic housing mount.
on 10 January 2016
Really nice tool that works great with my GoPro will all my accessories.

It doesn't look like you can get much leverage but it's suprisingly good at tightening thumb screws. I tightened it as much as I could and couldn't move it at all when I tried my hardest. Has really improved my GoPro experience as I don't have to worry about it wobbling all for £4.

For those wondering this works perfectly fine with 3rd party thumb screws.

Really happy with this.
on 2 July 2016
This is a genuine GoPro product, I purchased this to be able to apply my GoPro to the top of my motorcycle helmet and this allows me to do it without the worry of it falling, slipping or moving whilst I'm on a ride.

The quality is high as you would expect of a genuine GoPro product. The thumbscrews have a really smooth thread on them and the pivot arms slot together with ease.

Overall its a great accessory to add to your GoPro collection to increase the versatility of the camera.
on 16 May 2016
This is my favorite mount!

The chesty is very well made and comfortable to wear.

The chest mount gives a very immersive point of view experience - especially in 1440p

The perspective is very similar to a video game - you get a great point of view and see what you are doing as hands and feet appear in the video - so far I have used this for cycling and walking and it provide a great record of what you do and how you do it.

The mount can also be very discreet - especially of worn under an over shirt or jacket - while the gopro is quite visible it isn't in your face. I plan on using this extensively when travelling to capture the world as I pass through it, while also leaving my hands free for my main camera.
on 9 January 2017
I'm amazed that some people have queried the price of this brilliant gadget. It's a GoPro original, not a cheap knock-off, just like their grips and mounts. Buy once, buy right.

I've become ridiculously attached to my GoPro Tool, mainly because it is connected to my house keys and is always with me. As a cyclist, I'm always using it to tighten up the camera mounts on my bike, and as others have commented the only way to not lose your expensive camera is to use a tool. The alternatives are cheap and nasty, don't function as a key ring nor do they open your carefully-selected recovery ale at the end of a ride.

LOVE IT.