on 30 November 2015
This was one of those books that you don't want to put down. Quite gruesome in places, but what a great storyline. Makes you think about what a person can be capable of when put in fear of their own lives.
on 29 December 2011
I bought this and the sequels as I thought it was an interesting idea. I found the book a bit slow and the storyline a little far fetched in parts, but I finished it and intend to read the rest of the series. I have my fingers crossed that the author goes from strength to strength.
on 9 October 2014
I bought this based on the fact that some of the episodes of Wayward Pines that I managed to see were quite good. This book starts very well, but then drifts aimlessly and strays into gruesome detail without really helping the story. I finished it just because I did not want to admit I wasted my money on it. Some people might like it and give it much higher rating, for me though it doesn't work.
on 5 February 2014
Found a new author.....not too gory....all about your imagination....gripping to the last page.....thought since it was in the 1st person...a cert for author to be alive at end but when Luther appears .....I thought the writing would change to have author bumped off and a mean end. I kept thinkin this was going to happen...imagine my surprise when.........ah I am tellin any more... :-)
on 27 April 2016
Brilliantly written, will have you gripped and on the edge of your seat. I'm already starting the next book! I love how the book is a mass of jumbled tenses and narratives which mean you really have to read every word in case you miss anything. The language is so descriptive you really can imagine being Andrew!
on 3 February 2015
This book was good enough to keep me gripped but like so many other crime thrillers it lacked the "believability factor" that gets the hairs up on the back of my neck. This isn't a book for viewers of forensic dramas.
on 28 September 2012
I just couldnt get enough of this once started and had to buy all the series to find out how it all panned out, brilliantly written, if you like good guys winning then this will not be for you, I just loved how this book started and kept you wanting more and more, i loved all the series.
on 11 February 2013
Brilliant read. A "sit there and read it all in one go!" book. Couldnt wait to read the follow-up and went straight into it as Had dpownloaded it already.
I think I'll read all Blake Crouch novels!
on 22 April 2013
Had never read anything by this author before but found the story extremely gripping and finished it in a few days. Went on to download the next two as I enjoyed it so much.
on 3 June 2014
This is the first book that had me skipping ahead to find out what happened next as the tension had built a little too much for me to cope!! haha Would recommend this book.