on 14 September 2013
This machine really deserves all the praise heaped on it as it's - THAT GOOD !!!
However . . . You will still need a dryer because although this machine can get the laundry 97% dry, they are still slightly damp and although a sunny day air on the washing line will have them cupboard dry within about 30 minutes, winter is on its way (14/09/2013) and unless you want damp clothes drying on radiators, get a small dryer to to finish them off.

The machine is real quiet in operation and even has silent mode, so you can do your laundry at night if you are a night owl.

Yes it's expensive, but it's the best at what it does by a considerable margin.
If you want clean clothes without hassle - get one of these, you'll be glad you did.
Comes with a free 10 year electrical and mechanical warranty.

Even Miele don't offer those.

Enough said !!!
2 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 28 December 2011
This washing machine was purchased to replace our old LG Direct Drive washer, which had served us superbly for eight years. Granted eight years may not seem a long time, but the machine was used daily and was actually still working when replaced; albeit on it's last legs.

In the eight years we owned our original LG Direct Drive washer it never failed once; not even a slight hiccup. The quality of it's construction and silence of operation were without peer, as such the decision to purchase this washer in replacement was a very simple one. This new machine is as quiet as our original and seems just as well built.

The steam function is a nice addition over the original DD washers. Now you can refresh clothing which does not require a full wash, and the steam can also be used during some of the wash cycles for additional cleaning performance. This feature seems to work very well, the refresh cycle in particular has proven very useful.

Without doubt I am extremely satisfied with my recent purchase, and I fully recommend an LG washing machine to anybody looking for a step up from a basic washer. The quality is more than a match for anything else in this price range; and I doubt many (if any) could match it's wash results.

Amazon's delivery service was quick, efficient and free! I was a little dubious about purchasing such a large appliance from Amazon but this machine was almost £100 cheaper than on the high street, and Amazon managed to deliver it quicker than any of them could offer.
12 people found this helpful
on 19 January 2012
I brought this washer to replace my Zanussi which was nearly 12 years old and had given excellent service. I had wanted a steam washer and the reviews on this one were really good. The price was also far cheaper than other retailer. The washer itself is really good and so versatile in the amount of programs that can be chosen. It is also a nice looking machine. I really do recommend this machine.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 January 2015
Superb washing machine. Have it for few years now and completely overjoyed!
Quality build, produces best (in my experience) washings with variety of options and load capacity.
Used steam function for my daughter's allergy preventions,- it did work very well.
on 22 January 2016
Wouldn't get any other type of washing machine!...especially with kids and all the washing that goes with them! Perfect size for my kingsize duvet too!
on 26 May 2012
would normally of bought this, but its a manufacture that is getting itself noticed in which? magazine, so i thought what the hell, glad i did! a dark wash only takes 61mins and comes out almost dry, shouldnt take long for this beuty to pay for itself:)
5 people found this helpful
on 29 June 2013
Had it almost a year now and its working fine.It is quiet with the direct drive & easy to use & holds a lot of washing
One person found this helpful
on 7 October 2011
Having slagged off the delivery companies in the past I must say that 'G&M Distribution' of Chapelhall near Airdrie did a great job.
They helped me get the thing into my house. Explained that the transit bolts needed to be removed and even TOOK AWAY my old machine! Fantastic.
They could not have been better.
I had it up and running in 5 minutes!
I'll report later on the actual performance of the beast but I was concerned about buying this online but it worked out great!

Machine seems great. It takes twice as much as my old machine. It weighs the load first. It's almost completely silent and vibration free and it plays a melody at the end instead of beeping like a lunatic (as per my Zanussi).

So, overall it's fantastic and I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Every time I use this machine I think 'this thing is just great!!!'
JP.
12 people found this helpful
on 19 November 2011
I ordered this washing machine for my daughter as it was considerably cheaper on Amazon than in the big retail shops.

The price was right, but the delivery was not up to the normal Amazon standard.

All in all it took over 14 days for the item to be delivered, original delivery dates as advised were not adhered to.

Apart from the aggravation factor of the time lag in delivery, my daughter reports that the washing machine is a joy, and copes exceptionally well with a high work load. She also advises that the steam function is an ideal programme for refreshing clothes.

The machine is faultless, the waiting time a tad less than.
6 people found this helpful
on 20 August 2011
Really quiet and cleans clothes so much better than my old machine. Steam function is great for deeper cleaning or using via the Refresh function for wrinkle free shirts.
Can't believe I'd ever get this enthusiastic over a washing machine !!
I can't vouch for its reliabilty but it does come with a 2 year warranty.
9 people found this helpful