Customer reviews

Price:£80.09+ £15.20 shipping

on 3 March 2014
works perfectly , does it's job. Practices what it preaches. No complaints from me. It worked perfectly up a mountain in the himalayas charging up my gear!
on 5 August 2013
Having chosen this based on reviews rather than recommendation I was keen to try it out so once I'd collected it from the Post Office.

Upon opening the packaging was pleased with the quality of the panel and its case. Lots of loops to allow attaching to a backpack etc if out and about. Comes compete with a 12 volt plug attachment.

Collected it mid afternoon and living in Scotland this would be a challeging test - how much could I charge my iPhone in an hour? My phone was on 52% so I plugged it in, checked that charging was underway, then tucked the phone under the case to stop it getting too hot and went back inside. It was a partly cloudy day with intermittent bright sunshine so after an hour my expectation was fairly low (the packaging promises a full charge in an hour) and I was pleasantly surprised to see my phone was on 99%. Further testing will show the full potential but so far I am very pleased with this panel.
on 9 September 2013
Have tried it with Blackberry phone, Ipod & GoPro camera - and it is basically able to charge it from 'zero' to full in a couple of hours on a relatively sunny day. Have not yet tried it on more cloudy days, so can not judge performance there - but definitely leaving a good first impression.
on 27 August 2013
Bought this solar charger to use it for charging my iphone/ipod while camping. Put it on my camping tent and pointed it to the sun, plugged in my device and it instantly started charging!

It's very light and quite small when folded (or unfolded).

Charging times are not 1-2 hours at least for an iPhone 5. They probably are something like 2-4 hours depending on the sun. My ipod though was charged very very fast (something like 1 hour).

The only negative i can say is that when i put my iPhone to charge in the net-pocket that is on the back, my iPhone displayed a warning message saying that the temperature was very high, charging had stopped, and that for charging to begin again it needed to cool off first. This was happening because the net-pocket which is on the back actually "touches" the back of the solar panels, so iPhone was between my tent and the solar panels which caused this rise of temperature. I used a t-shirt to cover my phone and then tied the t-shirt on the top of my tent so i could avoid my phone to both touching the solar panels and not to be in direct sunlight.

Definetely a good buy.
on 28 January 2013
I will keep this short. I purchased two of these, one with the Guide 10 plus charger. The other for a USB lithium battery charger (2000mah). I live in the UK, so not as much sun as you guys in the US or southern Europe. I tested both panels yesterday, just hung them out of the window in the vague direction of the sun and plugged my iphone in. Charged my iPhone 4S from 90% to 100% in 25minutes in January sun directly. Will trickle charge a small battery pack in cloudy weather also.
Very happy, not cheap, but very effective.
on 9 February 2014
I have used this panel (clipped to the back of my rucksack) for a few months now, and It has been very good. I need a battery pack as it will not charge an Iphone directly, but for my GPS, Ipod and everything else it has worked perfectly.
It is tough and will work in the rain, small and easy to carry, the charging times can be long ranging from a couple of hours in Morocco, to all morning in the UK. I use it with a battery charger that fits doubleA and tripleA batteries.
Its the first thing I pack to go anywhere.
Whether it is expensive or not will depend on how long it last, so far, apart from wiping the panels down occasionally, mine still looks as if it has just come out of the box.
This Panel fills a need and does it well.
on 6 March 2013
I work in Africa. I bought this as a toy come experiment..I cannot fault it for charging. What It could with is more literature and connections. It said it came with them but did not. I have been concerned to plug in in (only USB) to certain things. I took the plunge and plugged my flat IPAD in. It charges it fine at approx 10%/hour. This may sound bad, but its free and when in the middle of nowhere it is a godsend.

More connections but a good item.
on 21 January 2014
Despite the fact that I followed all the manufactures instructions on placement of the panel. Tried it on sunny days and on cloudy days. It was never capable of generating enough power to charge my smart phone. So I then tried to charge it using the goal zero battery, this was just as bad at holding a charge. Very disappointing. Sent them back.
on 18 December 2013
Despite the photo is of the version 1 the one delivered to me was version 2 with the pocket behind one of the solar panels but no chainable.

It charges my phone up to 1%/min but it must have direct sunlight, otherwise it won`t work.

Compact and lightweight, perfect for the bug out bag.
on 19 May 2013
I bought this having tried the Nomad 3.5M mobile kit, which also I found to be a good product. The Nomad 7M works best in bright, full sunshine when I have successfully used it charge directly both a Nexus 7 tablet and Galaxy Note 2 mobile phone. However, it also charges the goal zero battery pack very quickly. Effectiveness is noticeably reduced in weak sun or overcast conditions. However, I primarily bought these products to use on holiday where their strong construction and portability come into their own. That said, I have only had to plug my mobile phone into the wall to charge on 2 or 3 occasions since buying these panels (over a period of around 2 months) which can't be bad considering we haven't been blessed with much sunshine so far this spring.