Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change

on 24 May 2017
Ibiza rocked or raved, good read, some funny stories.

If you've been you can reminisce and bring back the good times
on 27 March 2011
I'm a sucker for anything Ibiza as I have been there more times than any other holiday destination, It started for me in 1988 when it was cheap and unspoilt, and I witness the explosion of the superclubs, the superstar DJ's and the huge price increases. Stu Griffiths captures much of what happens on the white isle in realistic fashion, and his story keeps you buzzing about what is going to happen next. There is times in the book when I was left wondering whether the Stu's recollection of events was part fantasy or really happened, However even if it didnt it's an excellent book. If you have been to Ibiza or planning to go I'm sure you will love it. I wont spoil it but the ending is very unexpected. A fantastic story of Madness, Love and Ibiza. I sincerely hope Stu Griffiths writes another book.
on 16 January 2011
Loved it!! read this book in one go and it had me both in tears of laughter and sadness. Having spent a number of years repping myself I could relate entirely to this book and agree with previous reviewers comparison between hoedown and rancho lol!
'Chewy' really brings the reader in to share the experience with nostalgia, excitement and a genuine unexaggerated journey of his years overseas. His ability to describe a lifestyle which can seem alien to anyone never having lived it is amazing. His sheer honesty and revelation of all the emotions he experienced through both amazing times and awful times is heartrending and inspiring.
I defy anyone to be able to put this down.... I cannot wait to read about what stuart did next.
on 5 January 2011
I really enjoyed this book, got the sample then just had to buy it, you could relate to the story real easily, laughed at bits about bonding with other males, but did not expect it to end the way it did was almost in tear could feel myself welling up, will defentley be going out to buy this book, brilliant, funny, sad, emotional book if you've ever been clubbing abroad with mates, fell in love with a stranger this is the book for you, will be looking out for further two books he's signed up for, 5 star I felt I even had to look the guy up on facebook and congratulate him and thank him for shearing his story, just get the sample and you'll be hooked I was, good luck in the future stu.
on 5 December 2010
I bought this book thinking it would be fun to read a book set on an Island that I love. I was right, this book is a real page turner, I read it from start to finish in one day. Half way through the day when I had to leave the house for a few hours, I still felt lost in the world of Ibiza parties, and wanted to get back so I could find out what was going to happen next. This book is more than a string of debauched drunken Ibiza tales (although there is plenty of that!!) it is also a touching true story of a young man who fell in love, and then lost everything.

Would not hesitate to recommend this, especially to people who know and love Ibiza !!!
on 28 December 2010
I just finished this book.. it's 2.30am and I'll be tired at the airport tomorrow but I had to finish it! If you're a rep it's even more engaging because it's not been exagerated and you can easily relate to the characters (Hoedown sounds like the Rancho Texas night Lanzarote reps endure on a Saturday night!!)
If Stu reads these reviews then it's a big thanks from me for shaing your story! Don't uhm n ah over this one, it's worth every penny.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2014
What a fantastic read! Yes there are a couple of punctuation errors, as a reviewer previously mentioned, but who cares! A great account of a holiday reps' journey with a great emotional story. I couldn't put my kindle down! Well done Stu Griffiths!
on 18 April 2015
Very badly written book. Lots of grammatical errors!
on 24 April 2011
I started to read this with really high hopes, as "Is harry on the boat" by Colin Butts is one of my favourite books ever and seemed along the same lines. A few chapters in, it just seemed to become totally unreadable. Everything was spelt wrong and worded badly and I just had to give up on it. I was really disappointed. Whether it was just the way it transferred to digital I have no idea at all, but I couldnt read it until the end so maybe my rating is slightly unfair as I havent read it all. But if I cant read a book properly its not going to keep my interest. Sorry!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse