on 15 March 2017
Very good book for people who actually want to understand how to behave to gain success. Some of the things they reccomend might be a bit obvious but they make you understand what is the mechanism - why it works. Worth buying & easy read. The book I have purchased was super cheap because it was a supposed to be used version, but it actually came new, which was a great surprise.
on 10 August 2017
Well I hate the narration of this audio book!
The content itself is nicely written in an easy light hearted feel; with some really good points to be taken to heart if one wants to improve not only public relations but overall view on today's world.
It took ages to get used to the narrator's voice and accent so much so that having listened to it for about tenth time I feel this audio is my only solace to tune into on a stressful day!
Worries melt away; heart fills with joy and the mind finds a new perspective.
A must in anyone's library!
on 3 May 2014
Read, mark, learn and inwardly digest this book. It is in parts cynical, in the nicest possible way, and constitutes a complete guide to how to manipulate others for your own advantage.

If you are not planning to manipulate anyone any time soon, but prefer to have a blazing row instead, do not waste your time.

Equally, this book will let you spot those who would flatter and seduce you for their own purposes.

Such a book comes recommended to the young for study and application and judgment. I wish I had read it twenty years ago, but it is perhaps as well that I had not. The are some mistakes that are better made and learned the hard way.
on 17 November 2016
I love this book!

Probably one of the most practical, helpful and insightful books I've ever read. A classic that still stands strong long after it was initially written back in the 1930's.
on 24 August 2014
The best book I have ever read. For years I heard of this masterpiece but decided to leave it because dated. It was a mistake because it is super and I would have liked to understand that earlier!
The best pieces of advice on how to get along with people - ANY people! - and be successful in any field. If people like you, all the doors open magically for you.
Highly recommended for people who have issues with their relationships, find it hard to network, have a business or are want to understand how social relationships work.
on 16 August 2017
This book underlines many of the techniques that we all know in our heart of hearts work when dealing with people.
Unfortunately, the passage of time and the everyday pressures of life, means that the personal application of these techiques often becomes blunted
(or disappear altogether if you are influenced by the opposite technique of 'assertiveness approach.')
On balance, I think that the best way and the important golden rule of dealing with all potential human conflicts is to prepare your well beforehand.
I would recommend this book as a masterwork with many examples of real time conflicts outlined
on 20 April 2015
It's a very good book for harnessing relationships with different people... Some will say that this book is about manipulating people, I think it suggests other ways of dealing with different situations/people.

The book also brings out a lot in terms of how to encourage people and one thing I've learned is you get more from people when you encourage them not criticize them.... So take what you need and run with it. And remember, practice makes perfect.
on 25 June 2015
This book is amazing! Anyone looking to get into any kind of project, job or any situation where success is a result of human cooperation, it would be in your interest read this book! To further aid the usefulness of this book for you its advised you write down all the key points given after each chapter with an example to go with it. It would probably be best if you also note at time intervals, say each month, how much more proficient you are at applying any given principle. This technique to internalise the concepts of the books just came to me as I wrote this review haha 💪😜😘
on 10 April 2016
Quintessential reading!
Dale Carnegie is an inspiration and visionary.
This book will always stand the test of time and really help you nail the skills required to rise to the top of your game in almost any people-related field.
Everyone should read this book at least once in their lives. I will admit that as an easily distracted man I do find it difficult to read more than two chapters at a time as the points Dale makes require a lot of thought and consideration.
But regardless this is a book I always go back to pointers. If you're in sales this will do wonders for you!
on 26 June 2017
I already have my copy of this book. I bought this one for a friend as a gift and every chance I get, I always recommend this book to people. It is a really interesting read and was once recommended to me by a successful business man. You won't be disappointed with this investment.