on 1 December 2011
I've always struggled trying to froth milk with the steam from my coffee machine, and doing it manually is too hard and not very effective. This little device is amazing, quickly producing great froth and allowing me to make cappuccinos as quickly as espressos. Can't recommend it highly enough.
on 6 November 2014
we have had this for months, wife uses it frequently, loves it
on 15 June 2017
Great still going
on 7 August 2013
I read lots of reviews regarding this milk frother and I ignored all the complaints about it breaking. I thought that it must be something the owners were doing wrong, but this is not the case.

I bought mine about 7 months ago, we use it a few times per week. I have been without it for 1 week and I really really miss having it. The whisk / mixer is what failed on mine, which seems to be the main fault with them. When mine broke I contacted Amazon and as you would expect they sent out another one the very next day (I can't fault that kind of service).

I decided to dismantle my old frother to see if I could find the fault. The problem is fairly basic and in my opinion very simple to solve. There is a small round piece of plastic connected directly to the motor, there are 4 magnets housed inside it. The problem is that these magnets are just pushed into the the plastic, with a tight fit. One of mine had managed to slip out and in turn, jam the plastic housing. I took the magnet, placed it back in its hole and hey presto, it worked again. If these magnets were fixed with a heat resistant glue, there would be hardly any complaints on amazon about it.

The parts of this frother are very simple and after taking it apart this would be one of the only things that would cause this problem.

I am leaving this review in the hope that the manufacture alters the product to ensure this does not happen anymore.

I have disposed of the old frother now, just in case I did something to alter its safety.
44 Comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2011
Having read reviews of other milk frothers I was in two minds whether to purchase one at all. The main problem with them seems to be difficulty in washing them without water getting into the electrics and causing them to stop working and the milk burning. This one has a seperate non stick jug and works by induction (magnetic no wires). I Can't find any fault with it. It quickly makes very hot milk without burning with a good froth and the non stick coating makes it very easy to wash by hand or in the dishwasher. I have only made enough for 2 cups so far but it has the capacity to make more. Good product would recommend.
33 Comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 22 June 2011
Every morning we have a coffee in bed before jumping out, getting ready for the challenges that lie ahead. For years I used to heat a bit of milk in a pan for our morning routine, but then I saw the Lattemento in a shop in Holland. I thought that's perfect, but when I tried to find it in the UK I was told it was not available yet.

Now it is available as are many other like this Hostess. Reviews all showed that these products lacked longevity so I delayed my purchase until I found the Hostess, which is the only one(?) that can be easily washed. It can even go in the dishwasher.

From day 1 we have enjoyed this purchase ... beautiful fine froth in no time and the milk never boils over anymore.

Would like to make two points of criticism
1. There are two buttons on the heater under the milk jub, I assume they are there to avoid turning on the heater without the milk jug. Regularly it does not turn on easily, you have to move the jug around. It is not a big issue, but it is not faultless either.
2. Recently the heating time has gone up. It used to take 70-80 seconds or so and recently it has been taking 118 seconds.

If you regularly drink warm milk / froth this is a good buy. I have had it for 2 months now and I wish I bought it sooner. Note that there are some price diffeences so it pays to look around.
11 Comment| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 October 2012
You get 3 wheels 2xfoam, 1xmix with purchase, 1 of the foam wheels made nothing much but bad noise, called to comment ( not overly friendly staff, but did the deed required) sent me another foam wheel this did not work either, if had not had the foam wheel that worked extremely well, I would have just thought the appliance was not much cop.They did send me another foam wheels. Seemed great at first, froths quite well, dish washer proof, not boil over proof though! Makes good hot chocolate, quite good foam for cappuccino, alhtough does not last that long on coffee.
BUT... the handle has lost a hunk out from underneath so in due course it will fall off! This happened under a year of purchase, an as do not use very often, poor durability. Should have called company but was told when I called re faomers they do not do a spare jug which was a shame as I was going to buy one, Maybe good job I didn't in hind sight. May still call then if I can find details......
I've bought another ( possible from somewhere different) to replace this one and all seems well, froths really well, no fault foamers this time. But i don't put it the dishwasher or soak it in water as I read a review saying there is a small hole on the under side of the handle which lets water in and they were not wrong, so hopefully this one will retain its handle for longer....May 2013
33 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2011
This is a milk frothing dream! It works wonderfully and makes coffee absolutely delightful. So easy to use and keep clean. My days of froth woe have ended, this really is the best milk frother I have ever used.
on 16 December 2011
Excellent. Just like the reviews said. Buy one for everyone you know who you like. It is used about twice a day now and produces foam, warm milk, hot chocolate etc all at the push of one button. Cheap and robust, easy to clean. It's all good, so good in fact that this is the first review I have ever bothered to write...
on 23 January 2012
I bought a nescaffe coffee maker, that didn't come with a milk frother, so I decided to purchase this after reading lots of reviews. I love it because...1. it creates heated frothy milk quickly, 2. It is so easy to clean, 3. It looks nice on the countertop too...not too bulky. The only downfall I have with it is that there are three settings, one for cold, one for frothy & one for super frothy, but to be honest, I can't really tell the difference between the two heated settings, they both put out the same amount of froth to me. Otherwise, I highly recommend this product.