on 15 January 2013
I bought this product as part of a comprehensive overhaul of shed security following a break-in which resulted in the theft of 4 road bikes and some other cycling equipment. The padlock is weighty, chunky, and feels pretty sturdy. To activate the alarm mode you simply reverse the orientation of the shackle, and press it home. A bleep confirms the alarm is primed. Anything other than a tiny agitation will then set off the alarm, and it is ear-piercingly LOUD. It sounds for about 10 seconds and then stops until further vibration restarts it. Together with other measures I've taken I think this will make an excellent addition to my shed security. I think its unlikely that after detonating this baby in the middle of the night a burglar would hang around for very long.

I can't comment on durability as I've only had it a day or so, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't up to scratch.

Overall a great product and you even get a spare set of batteries! Recommended.
on 10 December 2013
I made a big mistake in purchasing this as there are so many better ones from Amazon that are cheaper. As someone else said...this really is a £1 shop item,,,and then I'd been able to take it back to get my money back!!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 November 2014
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 3 May 2012
Superb alarm padlock.

Works perfectly and the fact that it can be used as a standard lock is actually very useful.
Much louder than I expected, and better than the wired alarm on my bike that can run down the battery when sitting.
on 25 March 2013
It's a very solid looking and feeling padlock that'd no doubt take some getting through, and the alarm feature is both very sensitive and very loud as it needs to be. Unfortunately though, after just over a month outside securing my shed, the locking mechanism developed a fault that's rendered it completely useless. I suspect that water has made its way into the barrel of the lock because there's visible evidence of corrosion on the outside of it and on both parts of the shackle where they fit into the padlock body. Turning the key in the lock barrel is now virtually impossible; it takes so much force that the key itself starts to twist and will inevitably snap at some point. I can't risk this happening whilst it's locking my shed so it's been consigned to scrap.
on 18 March 2013
Ordered three but one was faulty on arrival other 2 failed within 2 days due to flat and corroded batteries. The batteries had leaked onto the pcb of the first one rendering it useless. The replacement batteries supplied with the locks were all flat. as yet 2 weeks on still waiting for a replacement.

Have now received replacement with the usual flat batteries. If it weren't for the issues described I would have given 5 stars. Have upgraded to 3 stars
on 26 March 2013
This item arrived on the very last delivery estimate day so I waited ages for it to arrive, unheard of with most items I purchase here on AMAZON. I was not expecting a Rolson padlock as pictured in their listing but a PresenceUK branded one as the listing description would lead you to believe, what I got is one made by BlueSpot, it is an identical padlock to the rolson one pictured however the x6 LR44 batteries inside the padlock and the x6 spares that come with it had all leaked!!!
Hopefully there is not enough damage to the inside of the padlock to stop the electronics working, I have had to order replacements at extra cost to myself! I gave it x2 stars as it is a chunky padlock, I can't comment on how loud it is yet but I would recommend stripping it down and putting descent grease in there as soon as you get it to keep the moisture/water out. Personally I wish I had got one elsewhere or gone specifically for a Rolson one as I have other kit made by them which is pretty good for the money.
on 23 May 2013
Not much to say as the product is fairly basic. It looks robust but this will only be tested if someone decides to try and break it open. The only negative comment is that the 'hasp' is fairly large and may not fit all uses. The information could be clearer as to the actual size before purchase.
on 7 October 2013
purchased this for my bike shed had it on less than a week and it was consatntly giving false alarms all day ,when i checked the padlock each time t was warm so thought it may be down to heat from the sun on this particular day , contatced seller and they siad change batteries so have done that and no false alarms so far but theres no sun today ! and there were no false alarms during the night on the old batteries,
if it is the batteries this is not any good as i would expect at least 6 -12 months if its the hotter days again its useless
i can see this just ending up as expensive padlock
my advice just buy a decent disc lock !!

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH !
on 15 March 2013
This product is one of my favorite products for cycling...
The only problem I have is im unsure on how to replace the batterys..

If anyone knows could you please leave a comment on this review...

Thanks