This is a quality item. Yes a "spade is a spade" however, this is an item well worth the investment, I purchased one some months ago from a garden centre at a somewhat higher price and saw this as a special offer with Amazon £12.00 cheaper. I am not much of a gardener, but I can dig and that is my role in all things horticultural in our home, that and sawing things. In this case, I have dug plenty of holes with this spade and turned over a number of plower beds in our garden. The spade really is very good, has and has kept, a sharp edge and cleaning it has ben a simple job of brushing off the dry dirt and I always spray mine lightly with wd40 from the top and wiping it over with a rag; in that way even in the relatively damp store we use, not a speck or rust.

I am very happy with this item and thoroughly recommend it.
on 4 September 2011
fantastic light weight spade easy to use, no excuses for not helping at the allotment now, great product fast delivery
on 2 September 2013
I have managed to uproot 4 rose bushes, 6 tree stumps so far and have still 5 more uproots to do and I am really happy with this purchase. It is a solid sharp spade and is light to handle too.
on 17 August 2014
Lovely sharp spade. Very pleased.
on 9 July 2013
Hard to get excited about a garden spade, I bought this for my husband and he is very pleased with it, it cost more than some others but he tells me that cheap garden tools are a false economy!
on 1 June 2015
Great does not rust and seems to slide through the soil cleanly. A good buy. Of course being a border spade the amount of soil it can carry means it is not too heavy.
on 4 January 2015
FANTASTIC , WELL BACKED AND ARRIVED THE NEXT DAY FREE!, THESE NORMALLY RETAIL FOR TWICE AS MUCH, VERY HAPPY WITH SELLER AND PRODUCT!!!!
on 21 July 2016
A superb border fork that does a good job, is well made and is easy to clean.
on 20 April 2016
excellent value for money as bought on a deal - great quality
on 13 May 2015
Good quality tool - easy and comfortable to use.

See one answered question