on 10 July 2011
It's two pieces of metal and a plastic crossbar. I put my laptop on it, it's now up higher than it used to be. Great success.
22 comments| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 June 2012
I bought this to use at work as I was getting neck pains from working off a laptop all day.

It is very easy to put together, durable & does what the package says, but I found it was too low for me (when sitting up straight the top of my screen came to about neck level). I ended up placing a small box under it so it was the right height. I am now searching for a new stand.
on 12 February 2013
Very sturdy and well engineered - does exactly what it should do.
Complements the Mac very well - colour, style and engineering. Fits my MacBook Air 11" perfectly and raises it to the right height for viewing - the same height as the monitor that sits alongside it.

Niggles? Only with the Amazon description. At the time of purchase the description had the dimensions as width 35.2 cm. This is incorrect. At that width the MacBook Air would have fallen through between the arms! I checked with Griffin direct and they advised it should be OK. The actual dimensions are: Height (rear) 15cm, Height (front) 12cm, Depth 22cm, Width 25cm. If when you read this review the website has been updated, then ignore this paragraph. This product is great!
I was pleasantly surprised when I received this item. I knew from immediately looking at the packaging, that I had purchased a high quality item.

Once opened, the stand was easy to construct. Simply, there are two metal holders that are fixed into a plastic bar (the main base). One small flaw is that the bars do tend to wobble a wee bit; but once your laptop (MacBook?) is placed on, everything seems fine. The design is in-keeping with Apple MacBooks and in fact doesn't seem like a separate stand by any means; it perfectly compliments my MacBook Air and seems just like its extension!

Overall, the support it provides is sufficient. There are two small clips at the end of the metal rods that prevent your laptop from slipping off. However, this is quite unlikely anyhow, due to the rubber grip provided. I should also mention that the stand is at a slight angle towards the user, and cannot be adjusted.

Overall, I am pleased with this essential piece of gadgetry. It has made my life a lot easier when using my MacBook on the dining table, in conjunction with a wireless keyboard and mouse. I can highly recommend this product if you are comfortable with the fixed viewing angle. 5/5,

Note: I have tried this with both 13" and 15" MacBooks, as well as a Dell XPS laptop. All were stable and secure.
on 25 January 2012
This laptop stand is a great buy.

I have a 15" and 17" MacBook Pro and both sit on the stand very securely.
on 19 July 2013
I've used both the Rain stand & this for my Macbook Air. The Rain stand is much more expensive and I don't think it's worth it because:

- This is less material, but that means it looks a bit slicker. It also means there's more airflow under the device (though the Rain stand probably acts as a rudimentary heatsink).
- This is lighter and can be disassembled. Rain stands are annoying to transport.
- It still looks cool, and uses a similar brushed aluminium to unibody Macs.
- The soft grips are really grippy, both top and bottom.

But what about bad points? Well mainly it's pretty flimsy. No one seems to mention this but nothing really fits that well together. When you move it around or pick it up it all wobbles around and the sides come out of the plastic cross bar. The little clear plastic lips don't slot in perfectly either. You can actually make do without them for light machines as the grips are pretty good. That said, it's probably going to stay put in one place on your desk, so it's not a big deal. But just know that it makes it feel a bit...cheap. But then it is a lot cheaper than a Rain stand!
on 26 March 2011
I ordered this for use with my Acer Aspire 6930 laptop, and it does exactly what I needed it to. The laptop is now elevated so that the top of the screen is at eye level, the grips hold the laptop firmly in place and it's stable.

For info, the dimensions of my laptop are: 15.7 x 11.5 x 1.7 inches

Great little product!
on 7 May 2011
Simple, steady, matches MacBook style and feel. Bought 2 for work and home. May seem a bit expensive for 2 pieces of metal but it's worth it. I wouldn't want to save a few pennies and have crap sitting on my table.
on 8 January 2012
Bought one of these for my 15" HP work laptop and for our home MacBookPro 13". On initial opening I panicked seeing the words 'notebook stand', but the stand is very sturdy and can more than take the weight of a more doorstop style PC laptop. It is for any notebook or laptop that is 10" or bigger. Obviously it looks amazing with the MacbookPro because of the silver colour (looks like it's made of exactly the same stuff as the macbook but can't be sure)

The one thing the picture doesnt show is two clear plastic clips which attach to the top two prongs of the stand. These pop into place easilt and stop any slipping forward with a lip that sits on the front edge of the laptop. I think this is a great extra feature, as it stops any accidental knocking the laptop forwards! the grips are very sturdy and it is near impossible to push it forward or back without physically picking the stand up.

Great product, ridiculously quick delivery, happy customer!
on 15 May 2011
I bought a Macbook Pro on Thursday, ordered this stand Friday and received it Saturday. I love it! My Macbook 15'' sits happily on top of the rubber grips and doesn't slide at all. So easy to assemble - about 30 seconds after it was out of the box it was in use. Note that it does have clear retaining 'clips' on the front of the supports which can't be seen in the photo.