on 8 January 2016
I liked it when i started, but then i realised that you need to buy extra equipment for the majority of the workouts
on 15 February 2017
Great buy
on 7 June 2012
The first kinect fitness game i have ever brought. LOVE IT! I must get it out again. Love how u can see urself 9 altho u look abit weird lol)
on 1 February 2011
Who needs a personal trainer when you can have this. Great workouts and fitness regimes. I like the way it tells you if you are not quite doing the moves right and if you feel you are being pushed too hard you can say "This is too much" and it will calm the workout down for you (or vice versa). You can set weight goals and fitness goals and create your own onscreen avatar / image. Well worth the money. I feel fitter already :)
Of the 4 early released fitness games for the Kinect, this is the one you need if you are starting at the UNFIT level. It's gentle, it checks your progress (you have a choice of 3 phrases to speak to tell it how puffed you are), it emphasises warming up, drinking water and not making over wild movements to stress your joints. Plus it has eating hints if you want to take that route.

On the other hand the menus are a little fluttery, with a strange tinkerbell trail of light following your hand position and it relies on far too many icons to navigate (it's a bit irritating just trying to work out how to start the routine initially). In the early stages (as far as I've got) it just relies on a trainer telling you to perform the motions, WITHOUT a "music" background (typically other kinect titles have cheap techno). You edit your own in-game avatar if you wish from the generic chubby one donated to you. In the corner is your small blobby heat image from the kinect camera which goes green if you are doing the right moves.

I'm only in the early stages, having previously used Your Shape fitness evolved, which is more reliant on insisting you do high impact exercises exactly to the beat. I think the two will work ideally to compliment each other and provide a bit of variety (and a little time to catch my breath!). Mel B's version I found too much like a port of a fitness video, without much use of the kinect's features. EA sports active seems to be unrentable because of the need to use the heart monitor (which also initially made the price of the game double that of a normal title).
on 7 March 2011
I won't go into the technicalities of this game, earlier reviews have covered this far better than I.
Bottom line, does it work? For me, a resounding yes! I've had this game for 8 weeks, started out with easy exercise routines & gradually worked up to Challenging routines, 5 times a week, 50 minutes per session. Result? I've lost 25 pounds in this time! Like everything in life, it will only work if you stick with it. Also you probably wont lose weight without eating more healthily at the same time.So my advice, for what it's worth, is give it a go. It is relatively cheap for these sort of games. Perhaps keep it a secret from your work colleagues. The women at work are beyond jealous at my weight loss as they continue to count the calories & eat their rabbit food. Great fun!
11 Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2011
This game worked well for my console, pretty much straight from the off.
I didnt give it five stars because it sometimes does not respond to my hand movement, and i have other kinect games which are quite responsive, so i know it could be that this game may need some updates to respond better; i have to say i have not yet connected my xbox to the internet, so i cannot say if updates exist for this game.
The on-game trainers are almost as encouraging as they are on the show and i also like how this game takes a (i suppose it could be called) 3D image of your body and also takes other vital statistics to setup a wourkout plan, for as long a term as i desired, which i have set for 3months.
I did the first workout for 40mins and it did its job, getting my heart pumping and a some sweat on my face.
All in all, i am happy with my purchase.
on 10 March 2011
I've been playing it daily for about 10 weeks now and feel better for it.

Likes:
* Gets you moving
* The exercises are varied and tailored (box-fit, yoga, circuit, etc - lots of stuff in there I wouldn't normally do)
* The exercise program can be altered at any time
* Good value overall

Dislikes:
* Speech recognition is poor (I'd rather it was just off altogether)
* Exercise tracking occasionally fails to see you properly (you do get used to what it's looking for the more you use it though)
* Speech is annoying sometimes, repeats the same thing several times in succession
* Lifestyle tasks don't suit the program (e.g. you can have a daily program with a week-long lifestyle task, so that has to somehow be completed the next day) - but they can be disabled anyway.
* I can't bend as much as they can:)
on 4 January 2011
I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's a pretty solid game. It scans you're measurements, you input your age and weight, it tests your initial ability, and the game suggests a level of difficulty and areas to focus on. It's quite clever really!

The exercises work on the whole great, but I had a few issues with the trainer telling me to stop having a break when I was actually on my feet doing the exercise, which I thought it should have known since my body movements appear on screen. On a less important note, the voices get annoying really quickly. Especially when they repeat "You got it, great!" five times in a row, I will need to figure out how to turn them off. Also the menu navigation is generally OK, but when it asks you to create a character to represent you, it takes a while using your hand. It gave me a starting point to work from; a morbidly obese Mexican looking chap, so needless to say I spent while changing him to fit my appearance.

Anyway, the actual logistics behind the game are great; you set a goal, and select how many days a week and for how many minutes you want to work out. Simple as that. For the price, it is definitely worth doing, and will easily get you out of breath!
on 7 April 2017
Arrived on time. Very happy with the product.