on 23 October 2010
Completely agree with previous reviewer, J D Card. Ordered an XL as this is what I usually take. On receipt Outer and Inner were just what I hoped for in terms of quality and condition. However the product turned out to be too small for an XL and too small for me. To be fair, the supplier has agreed to replace the XL with what they call an XXL (or perhaps its what the German Army call an XXL). Nevertheless this has cost me return postage plus a couple of pounds in diesel fuel. I have since seen another Internet site offering the same product with the following warning "order generously as the shown size is based on the outer". Hard to decide what the precise meaning of this warning is, but it seems clear they suggest that ordering your normal size is likely to end in disapointment. Have not yet received the replacement, probably because I have only recently returned the XL.
11 Comment| 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 May 2017
Rugged quality, will last for eternity.
on 17 April 2012
Despite the item getting lost in the post I received great service from this company. They were helpful and responded to my e-mails very promptly. Some of the sizes may be a bit iffy but if you contact them or supply your UK sizes they are extremely helpful and will sort you out with no fuss. Thanks guys.
on 3 January 2011
Ok I never normally bother with reviews but felt I had to write one this time. After reading the other reviews here I thought I would take their advice and choose carefully the size I require. I'm 6'2" 108 kg and built a little awkward for a lot of clothes. But being in the forces I know that there are items out there made for the larger chap, just got to pick the right size.
This jacket is a great product, as you'd expect from the Germans. Ex military issue but in good condition and plenty of life left in it. I chose XXL. Normally XL would be fine, but people had mentioned the small sizing issues and I went one size up for comfort. Well what I got wasnt XXL. Wasn't XL, wasn't large... Might just class as a medium! I had several members of the family try it on Cinderella style. The only person it fit was my sister, who is a size 12. Looked great on her... But I wanted it!!!. The seller is having trouble I think with the NATO sizing label. I'm around 190/108....I got 74-115/90.... So far off the mark I couldn't get an arm in. PLEASE PLEASE seller look at your sizes. Go to the British forces sizing website for details. You have great products at a great price but letting buyers down with poor sizing. I gave my jacket to my sister for the price paid wasn't worth all the costs of returning and getting another.
22 Comments| 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2013
Bought this item for bushcrafting as I needed a polycotton outer but didn't want to spend a fortune - did a bit of research online and this item/company while not cheapest seemed best to my mind. Fortunately I think I was right.

The liner shows signs of wear and repair but the jacket looks brand new - its also a excellent item designed well even to the point of having underarm ventilation!!

And you gotta love flecktarn, as a army veteran I don't want to look like a wannabe so flecktarn is always my favourite cam for bushcraft and nature observation!!
on 4 October 2010
Love the coat, it is well made and water repellent although the shell zip is quite short (starting near your breastbone) so the liner is essential. Unfortunatley i feel the sizing is way off, I ordered a XXL as i am a bit of a porker, normally XXL is fine on everything that i purchase in shops but this is way smaller - maybe a large by comparison and looks stupid on me. unfortunately it just isnt worth returning as i dont know that they sell a larger size plus with the cost of returning it and paying for more postage for a larger size, I might just as well cut my losses and try and flog it to a friend. Most disappointed.
on 4 June 2014
Unlined heavy cotton, not really practical but I can see it would last forever. I am not wearing it. Condition grade 2 I would say- big blue stain on the arm pocket where I found bent roll pen reserve that had leaked.
on 11 November 2010
This Parka is very well made, being military issue, superb overall quality with a tough outer shell. When you consider what shops are asking for the fashion version of the parka coat, this is tremendous value.
The sizing seems to be an issue but need not be. The parka is manufactured by FLECKTARN, who have their own site. On that site, you will find a comprehensive chart showing metric and British measurements in relation to S,M,L,XL etc.
This is a brilliant piece of kit and was delivered very promptly by the Amazon partner. No complaints whatsoever.
on 2 December 2010
jacket is good quality /hard wearing.but inner jacket is smaller so when ordering you need to be 2? sizes larger .
on 11 June 2012
Purchased the two peice Flectarn jacket and i am thoroughlt happy with it. The inner liner (REMOVABLE) turns the jacket into a winter skin, incredibly efficient and warm peice of clothing. The overall quality is next to new, no marks, scuffs, tears, all the zips work, the drawstrings are not frayed and the colour hasn't faded one bit. Excellent.

Postage was very quick and the item was packaged well.

10/10