Customer reviews

on 26 December 2017
Wonderful piece of kit - converted to FW800 (although technically I'm still running in FW400 because the drive is only FW400 compatible) but my FW800 input was behaving very oddly. Works a treat.
on 22 February 2018
Excellent! I bought this for my iPod 1st Generation as there is no FireWire 400 port on my current Mac and everything is running perfectly!
on 9 April 2012
I was trying to connect my old iPod with a Firewire 400 connection to my new iMac which only had a Firewire 800 socket, and no one seemed to know how to!! Not the Apple store, nor their telephone helpline nor PC world nor Maplin. Found this product on Amazon, and it was a such a relief when it provided me with the simple, elegant solution I was on the verge of thinking I would never find!!
3 people found this helpful
on 1 March 2018
Worked perfectly for the job I needed it for .... quality is OK for the price.
on 23 June 2013
On upgrading to a new Mac Mini I needed a way of connecting my existing Firewire peripherals to the new, smaller socket. I was expecting my search to turn up adapter cables at around £25 each, so it was a pleasant surprise to find this product.

I bought two. They are neat, fit securely into the computer and just work.
on 13 May 2018
Arrived incredibly fast. Worked perfectly. Used it to transfer files from a first generation FireWire 400 iPod. So setup was FireWire 400 cable -> Akord adapter -> FireWire 800 to mini dp Apple cable. Worked like a charm.
on 16 January 2018
Arrived in a timely manner as specified and performs perfectly. Unfortunate that the manufacturers have not developed a Firewire 400/800 to Apple Thunderbolt to eliminate need for purchase of two separate connectors for retro Hi8 Digital Camcorder to connect to iMac or Mac Book
review image
on 19 October 2014
My computer only has firewire 800 whereas my old (iSight) camera (picture and sound) works on firewire 400. With the converter, the camera works perfectly as it should, transmitting both picture and sound.
on 20 February 2018
Did the job and a good price.
on 2 May 2018