on 18 March 2014
But it doesn't last a month, as mentioned in the reviews here. Not at this size. Have i lost anymore weight? I don't think so. I might buy it again to give it a little more of a chance, to see if there is any more results. I'm not a stranger to protein, as I do go to the gym. I have used other proteins which have cost alot more money and I have seen Immediate results. I was just hoping to pay a little less and still receive a real good positive result, defintely from a well known brand at a more affordable price. (Its like the olde saying, you get what you pay for).
on 12 December 2011
I'm a reasonably slim man who does a bit of running each week but I started going to a local gym recently (in October 2011) wanting to loose my belly fat and increase my definition. After doing a month of cardio classes and making up my own pin-weight routine I decided to get a proper guided workout from the staff. I was slowly loosing weight but not building any muscle. I was recommended to do 3 days pin-laoded weights routine and 2 days cardio for a month while taking this powder. The staff obviously get commission for selling maximuscle but the tub seemed to be offering exactly the goals I wanted so I thought I'd give it a go (obviously buying for £15 less on amazon). I was also suffering aches and pains from my muscles and was told protein would help me to recover.

I first purchased the banana flavour. Following the gym staff's recommendations, I had the shake with skimmed milk instead of breakfast (5 days a week) and an extra shake with water immediately after a weights session (3 times a week). I used 2 scoops of the powder for each serving (as stated on the tub). I got the Lucozade shaker as it's exactly the same as the maximuscle one only £2 cheaper! Lucozade Sport 750 ml Shaker Bottle.

It was a bit of a shock to the digestive system but nothing too dramatic. It definitely made me really thirsty throughout the morning. Surprisingly (compared to the general views here) I liked the taste. It's like those banana foamy penny sweets you can get. In fact, it tasted nicer with water than milk.

The tub lasted me a month but I felt like I hadn't made much difference. Although I had lost a bit of body fat & gained a bit of muscle so things were going in the right direction! I also no longer suffered any muscle pains. It definitely helps with recovery. I decided to go for another tub, this time choosing chocolate. This flavour is nowhere near as nice as banana. It barely tastes of chocolate and I was glad to get through this tub! I also changed my routine from pin-loaded to free weights (under the gym staff's instructions). Then something amazing happened! Overnight I seemed to have developed well defined biceps and even a bit of a six-pack peeping through. I've now finished this tub and switched to Maximuscle Cyclone, as I feel I've lost enough weight and want to build my upper body more.

Whether this transformation was due to my dedication at the gym, healthy eating, the maximuscle shake, or the combination of all three I'll never know. There's no way to prove the shake helped but I did achieve the lean definition I was craving and now I'm too scared to stop taking them! I do think if I wasn't doing the weights there is no way I would bother having a shake.
on 13 March 2012
I rated 5 for the energy it gives and will help with increasing metabolism and visits to the loo. I would have given a lower rating for taste which is horrid (tried vanilla/choclate/banana) Banana flavour is the one you can cope with, dont think of getting vanilla/chocolate because it makes you sick and im used to eating anything. I personally put taste past me as im not going to a dessert bar, im going gym so i just drown it. If your interested in this make then get vanilla. Syntha 6 have the best flavour though
on 28 November 2012
I've only just started at the gym but I noticed the difference after using this product , I can work out for longer and I don't ache as much after my session ! So really works well
on 25 July 2014
Good stuff well worth it!