Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 November 2012
Very quiet powerful drill, screwdriver handle too for the difficult to reach areas. Very impressed by how everything is in the case that you need. Case looks very impressive too and has attracted some surprised looks!!
on 29 May 2015
After doing some research I opted for this Combi drill, the drill and kit are good value, the drill is definitely a 'budget' Makita, and I doubt the chuck could drill a perfectly parallel hole with its slightly eccentric motion. However, for DIY use its fine.
on 11 May 2013
Have looked at these for several months now and after starting some DIY in my daughters houses I quickly realised how good they were when fitters were in house. Superb quality, great carry case, everything you need to drill, screw, punch holes and freedom from cables etc. Still don't know why it has taken me so long to buy one. Great value thoroughly recommend it to any one considering one of these tools.
on 23 January 2017
I purchased this drill on the 9 Jul 2014 with a view to tackling all of my household jobs myself thus saving money on getting some else to do it. I have used the drill for multiple purposes several time and its been outstanding. For example I needed to replace my security light outside, unfortunately the pre-existing holes did not marry up to the light new bracket so I had to use this Makita to drill some fresh ones and boy it handled it like a dream! Also drilled through metal Registration plates with no problems whatsoever!

For a battery powered drill you really cannot buy better for the money and I would strongly recommend this kit.
review image review image review image review image
on 6 September 2013
I like it a lot, as you know it comes with 101 accessory set wich is even better, feels strong and powerfull, the battery goes from dead to green light in about 30 minutes, accesssories stay in place, and you have enough room in the case to store some other stuff if you take out that plastic transparent lid. Very good tool
on 21 March 2014
This is simply an excellent bit of kit at a very competitive price. Arrived within 24 hours of the order and was well packaged. The case is strong as are the clasps. The drill is powerful and the 2 batteries hold their charge which is nice having had cheaper devices that leak charge so when you need them they are useless! The accessory tray is comprehensive but to be honest some of the pieces are a bit of a mystery to me! One very minor niggle is that my cheapo drill had a clip on the handle that held the screw driver bit this device does not. A small point possibly and not a deal breaker.
It feels solid and well built and I am looking forward to doing some serious work with it in the near future as I renovate a small property.
If you are a good DIYer and don't want a £500 bit of kit but are jaded by the £50 tat in B&Q then this is for you.
Recommended.
An update - have used this in anger now and it is good bags of battery power and duration. It will drill brick easily with the hammer drill function, even breeze block is sorted. As said batteries do not leak charge over time.
Nice bit of kit!
on 12 January 2012
Good quality drill for the price. It made easy work of drilling 8mm hole into a concrete panel so therefore it is up to the job. Downside is I had to use a better quality bit than provided in the set. If I was buying again I would consider buying the drill without the accessories - they are good enough for basic work though.
on 16 October 2013
Bought as a present for OH.

He loves the fact that there are 2 batteries as he always forgets to charge anything when we need it. They have held there charge too which is helpful.

There are a lot of drill bits with this set and as usual the infinite supply of screwdriver bits, most of which you dont use.

The case is sturdy but the drill bits etc are separated by a plastic drop down lid type thing which does seem to fall open on its own.

Im not technical so cant vouch for the actual quality of the drill. I can only say that if my OH can use it for DIY then anyone can.

It was disappointing to see in BQ at the weekend that this drill set was actually nearly £30 cheaper. Not Amazons fault but it goes to show that online is not always cheaper anymore so shop around
on 6 October 2013
I borrowed a Makita 18V Cordless drill from a friend when my cheap old drill did not have the torque or battery life to be useful. I liked it so much I looked for one myself. I was tempted by the Li-ion version but a second battery was so expensive that I plumped for this one and paid the little extra to get all the bits, driver etc. I am so pleased that I did. The full case is a little heavy but nearly all my drilling and fixing needs are met with the one kit and held together securely. The batteries charge quickly and last well in use. With the two batteries I have never found myself in the position where I am waiting for one to charge before I can get on with a job. I've drilled in stone, concrete, oak and steel with this and driven screws into tough timber too, all with no problem. The drill is comfortable to hold and well balanced. It has a sturdy feel to it but remains light enough to be used in awkward places. If you are after a quality DIY drill set, look no further. The pricing on Amazon is pretty keen too.
on 29 April 2014
This is a professional tool yet at a DIY price! You just can't beat this for quality, value for money and brand! Yeah it's the older style of battery but your saving about £100 so just get it, you will be extremely pleased with your self you did! :D