Customer reviews

Service plan term: 5 Years|Service plan covered value: _£500-600 Items|Change

on 13 January 2011
We have received the warranty promptly by email but also received a phone call to confirm whether we had the documentation and that a hard copy would be received in the post.
I did not expect the purchase of my warranty to be so customer friendly and this makes a refreshing change.
on 29 May 2011
Not one to fall for the old gimmick of buying useless, non effective insurance policies, the kind that were punted by the old high street electrical chains, I can say, that after receiving the mailer from Amazon, I carefully read the information about the SquareTrade offering, concluding that, on the basis that 'You never know', this policy offered the promise of peace of mind, and that's what we're all after ...

Amazon's purchase process was as smooth as ever, which was quickly matched by SquareTrades processing and almost instantaneous delivery of the 3 year TV Warranty policy documentation - Praise has to be given to SquareTrades effort to make a potential claim as stressfree and paperless as possible through their use of electronic receipt storage, which is acknowledged.

We all buy insurance in the hope that it will never be used - 'The peace of mind syndrome', and hoping that this will never be used, I can honestly say that from my initial experience, I'm impressed .... To sum up, for the price, I doubt that this product can be beaten, and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending that you purchase.
on 11 April 2011
Fastest most excellent service, ever recieved for any product! Terms and cover very good for the money.Still hope I do not have to use it.
on 27 January 2011
I'm not the type of person who generally pays extra for warranty. I originally looked at buying my TV in one of the high Street Stores, and was quoted nearly £400 for extended Warranty!!! No way.

When i purchased my TV on Amazon, i read about the Squaretrade Warranty, which was too good to miss (that's what the wife said anyway). Thankfully i haven't had to use the product yet, although when purchased you get an E-mail confirmation straight away. I even got a phonecall to make sure i had received the E-mail.

I have no problems with this product....... hopefully i won't need to use it.
on 7 November 2013
Just a word of advice.
As EU sale of goods law covers ALL electrical items for 2 years you are effectively buying the third year for £99.
Also if you have decent household insurance (check your policy) you are probably covered for accidental damage anyway. (Not always new for old though BUT you can get this)
Finally, I have checked out breakdown insurance availability and you can usually get this for £2 to £4 per month for each item so do the sums...
No doubt some people will find this insurance suits them but there are alternatives.
on 7 January 2011
I bought this for my new Sony LCD TV, and am very impressed with the price and terms.

Sony currently offer a 5 year warranty as standard when a TV is purchased from them direct or via a Sony Centre, buy it from virtually anywhere else and you get your TV cheaper but with only a one year warranty. Whilst the Sales Of Goods Act technically covers you for 5-6 years anyway there are so many ways of getting around it that few companies actually pay out on claims made under it, especially after 2-3 years have passed, what's more if they don't pay out you could end up seriously out of pocket after paying legal fees and / or for independent inspections.

I decided to buy this cover as combining the price of the TV and the price of this extended warranty I paid only a few pounds more than I would have for the same TV in my local Sony Centre, a bargain as far as I'm concerned because not only did I still get my 5 year warranty but also the extra reassurance of not having refurbished replacements, not forgetting the accidental cover provided by SquareTrade. Having three children the accidental cover alone is worth the extra few pounds, to get similar cover on my contents insurance would cost far more over the 5 year period, even if I took out SquareTrade on every major appliance in the household.

In summary I'd definitely recommend this product, the 'paperwork' arrived by e-mail within 18 hours of ordering and is very clear and simple, should I have to make a claim at any point over the next 5 years I feel confident that not only will it will be handled simply and within a reasonable time-frame but that I'm covered for any eventuality.
on 23 February 2011
After making an expensive purchase like a television i was keen to make sure it was protected, Squaretrade offered that. I searched the net for similar products and decided Squretrade offered the best with the backing of Which and it is simple to set up as-well
on 14 March 2011
Look like SquareTrade have washed the `bad taste' left by previous warranty firms out of my mouth! Clear policy details and easy to read T & C's. You get an email confirmation shortly after you purchase and setting up (if you can call it that) your policy is really easy (this involves forwarding a copy of your original purchase receipt email from Amazon onto them - job's a good un!). I was also contacted a few days later by a friendly young lady (that I could understand!), that was checking to see if everything was OK and if I needed any further help. Squaretrade also provided an efficient and friendly service to a subsequent email I sent, requesting a slight amendment to my policy.

So to summarise: A comprehensive warranty at a competitive price, with good customer service. SquareTrade come highly recommended!
on 17 February 2011
i missed out on the panasonic warrenty thanks to currys messing up my order! so bought a tv from amazon,and got myself a squaretrade warrenty far cheaper than one from panasonic. Hope i have no need to use it though, all reviews seem good, so hope all goes well.bruno9
on 9 December 2010
Bought this along with a £315 Samsung TV from Amazon. Its my first personal TV for my bedroom and thought the extended warranty would give me some peace of mind. I did find other warranty companies that were up to about £10 cheaper. But I thought it would be easier and more simple to use square-trade on Amazon as it appeared alongside the TV and just to make things quicker and easier.

Very simply they send you an email the same day with all the terms and conditions (not as long as most other contracts) and then that's it pretty much done. They even call you up the next day to confirm that you've received the email and check that you're happy with everything. One thing they did mention over the phone is to make sure that you keep your receipt (in this case email from Amazon) safe, or you can even send a copy into square-trade via their website for safe keeping.

So far so good, hopefully if there are any problems it should be as easy and simply to solve as square-trade make it out to be.