Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Pre-order now Shop Men's Shop Women's

Service plan term: 5 Years|Service plan covered value: _£125-150 Items|Change

on 7 January 2011
I bought this for my new Sony LCD TV, and am very impressed with the price and terms.

Sony currently offer a 5 year warranty as standard when a TV is purchased from them direct or via a Sony Centre, buy it from virtually anywhere else and you get your TV cheaper but with only a one year warranty. Whilst the Sales Of Goods Act technically covers you for 5-6 years anyway there are so many ways of getting around it that few companies actually pay out on claims made under it, especially after 2-3 years have passed, what's more if they don't pay out you could end up seriously out of pocket after paying legal fees and / or for independent inspections.

I decided to buy this cover as combining the price of the TV and the price of this extended warranty I paid only a few pounds more than I would have for the same TV in my local Sony Centre, a bargain as far as I'm concerned because not only did I still get my 5 year warranty but also the extra reassurance of not having refurbished replacements, not forgetting the accidental cover provided by SquareTrade. Having three children the accidental cover alone is worth the extra few pounds, to get similar cover on my contents insurance would cost far more over the 5 year period, even if I took out SquareTrade on every major appliance in the household.

In summary I'd definitely recommend this product, the 'paperwork' arrived by e-mail within 18 hours of ordering and is very clear and simple, should I have to make a claim at any point over the next 5 years I feel confident that not only will it will be handled simply and within a reasonable time-frame but that I'm covered for any eventuality.
on 11 April 2011
Fastest most excellent service, ever recieved for any product! Terms and cover very good for the money.Still hope I do not have to use it.
on 6 January 2012
The concept good, but in reality a waste of time. I ordered a contract, the company sent 2 to me. When i contacted them , i was told i could not have a written confirmation of my cancellation of one of the contracts. So i cancelled both contracts, but have not had any reply from the company. I would be grateful to Amazon if you could bring some pressure to bear on the company .THANK YOU AMAZON
on 7 November 2013
Just a word of advice.
As EU sale of goods law covers ALL electrical items for 2 years you are effectively buying the third year for £99.
Also if you have decent household insurance (check your policy) you are probably covered for accidental damage anyway. (Not always new for old though BUT you can get this)
Finally, I have checked out breakdown insurance availability and you can usually get this for £2 to £4 per month for each item so do the sums...
No doubt some people will find this insurance suits them but there are alternatives.
on 2 June 2011
What exactly is the point in providing a review for something you haven't used?
These reviews show how easy it is to purchase the insurance, not how well the insurer provided the promised service.
Get real, people.
on 3 February 2011
I found this warranty to be exceptionally good value. It covers just about everything that i want it to. I firstly received a download on my computer of the agreement. Then about a week later i received the paper agreement. Ironically, it was delivered before my item that i was taking the warranty out for....:-?
I received a phone call asking if i was happy with the service and the product. The lady was very nice and friendly.

All in all a good experience, and i would be happy to recommend them to anybody.

It does what it says on the tin.

Meloni Goss
on 24 January 2011
We were really glad to see that amazon offered these warranties through Square Trade. I always purchase electronics from Comet because of their great warranties, but decided to go with amazon this time. The service was great, the pdf of the Warranty was emailed in a very timely manner and now we have piece of mind that if anything goes wrong, we're covered.

on 29 July 2011
I initially purchased a warranty through a few months ago Amazon to cover my TV against accident. Squaretrade's process for setting up the warranty was quick and very simple, I just had to forward the email receipt to them and got a copy of the warranty sent to me via post.

Eventually I had an accident with my TV and had to make a claim. Squaretrade's customer service was very quick, efficient and most notably very pleasant to call. I didn't even need a engineer to look at my tv/send it out to a repair centre as the customer service operator said the damage I described look like a definite write off (cracked LCD) All I had to do was email Squaretrade a some photos of the damage for verification.

The whole process of starting the claim and having it completed took only 2-3 days. The only small issue I had was that the Amazon gift certificate I was initially issued was in $ rather than £ and was for, so I couldn't use it on However, Squaretrade did a very good job apologising and rectifying this mistake in a day or two. I've never had a warranty claim experience move so swiftly.

I've since bought a new tv, and thanks to general price reduction could get the newer version of my previous model and have enough change to buy another warranty from Squaretrade.
on 29 May 2011
Not one to fall for the old gimmick of buying useless, non effective insurance policies, the kind that were punted by the old high street electrical chains, I can say, that after receiving the mailer from Amazon, I carefully read the information about the SquareTrade offering, concluding that, on the basis that 'You never know', this policy offered the promise of peace of mind, and that's what we're all after ...

Amazon's purchase process was as smooth as ever, which was quickly matched by SquareTrades processing and almost instantaneous delivery of the 3 year TV Warranty policy documentation - Praise has to be given to SquareTrades effort to make a potential claim as stressfree and paperless as possible through their use of electronic receipt storage, which is acknowledged.

We all buy insurance in the hope that it will never be used - 'The peace of mind syndrome', and hoping that this will never be used, I can honestly say that from my initial experience, I'm impressed .... To sum up, for the price, I doubt that this product can be beaten, and would certainly have no hesitation in recommending that you purchase.
on 23 January 2011
One of the reviews below has attracted the unfortunate comment "Why buy something you're hoping you'll never have to use?". Ignoring the argumentative aspect of the comment - after all, people buy fully comprehensive car insurance or home contents insurance also hoping they'll never have to use them - the price you pay for this three year piece of mind, is around a hundred pounds cheaper than that offered by most high street retailers.

For something as oft used as a television and potentially prone to breakdown failure or even accident while cleaning behind the set, the price on here is - in my opinion - relatively small to pay for the reassurance you'll gain. I'd seriously baulk at paying £150 for something costing £300, but had no hesitation when taking this out for a mere £46 against my new £300 Toshiba.

Optional breakdown and accident insurance - always a subjective choice but one usually decided by cost rather than stubborn principle. This is cheap when you look elsewhere - the choice is yours.