on 30 January 2016
i am writing this on my windows vista home premium acer machine, after four weeks of struggling with the lenovo and windows 10. i have tried to protect it with antivirus and tweaks as it wasnt outperforming my acer (which only has a fraction of the processing power) but so far this has failed - i made the mistake of using the bundled advice of system one care - which i later found out is heavily criticised on the web, but is part-bundled with the Lenovo as adware. i have since uninstalled it and added AVG with the free 30 day full package but it is now nothing but a box with a limited light show. my first experience outside of vista and xp, and first with Lenovo - despite all the regular updates it engages in by itself, its cant even check email today, and this is not for the first time. the wireless worked, but now even with a cable its dead to anyone but the anonymous system updaters, and yet web works fine on my acer. very disappointed, but the keyboard that others criticise i have no problems with.
on 27 January 2015
Fixed my laptop than it broke down. I guess it was dard drive problem because they changed it, just instead of samsung hard drive I got toshiba. And I been having a lot of problems with it - kept chrasing. i had to reinstal windows every 4-5 months. Than I called them, they said its software problem and they wont fix it. so I couldnt do anything and jus kept paying for reinstaling. Anyway now this protection plan is over, but finaly I was told its my hard drive has black holes ant thats why keeps chrashing. Instead of doing proper job they just put cheapest what they had (maybe it wasnt even new) and didint admit their fault. It was waste of money.
3 people found this helpful
on 1 November 2013
Square Trade offer a superb product - peace of mind - at a reasonable premium. For 2 or three years you can be assured that accidental damage to your item, whether it be a washing machine or a laptop, will be repaired or that the item wil be replaced. There is no fancy talk to disguise exceptions to the cover and there is generally no quibble over holding up their end of the bargain. For example, I had to wait no more than 5 minutes while it was checked if damage to my Kindle caused by my growing puppy deciding to get his teeth into a good book was covered.
Different levels (values) of cover are catered for so you do not feel you are overpaying to insure something, and the price is appropriate.
It is worth noting that this is not a fully comprehensive cover as loss/theft are not covered, but this is understandable in that a faulty/broken item must be returned as part of the replacement, and so SquareTrade keep their costs to a minimum by reducing the scope for spurious or bogus claims.
All in all, a great product and service.
SquareTrade 2-Year Laptop Warranty Plus Accident Protection (£175-200 Items)
2 people found this helpful
on 14 September 2015
Have just had to use this for a cracked screen.
Easy and straightforward. The staff I spoke to were courteous and the laptop was collected from my home. I did not even have to pack it up, the courier came with a special padded box that it was securing sealed in. I had regular email updates and it was returned in perfect working order.
One person found this helpful
on 25 September 2014
On the date - 22and.August.2014,at 18.45,the SquareTrade 2-Year Protection Plans for the Dell Inspiron Laptop was Cancelled.I received a refund request,submitted for £119.99 sent through the chosen payment method and are typically processed within 7-10 business day.This letter was of warranty date-Saturday.23rd.August.2014.
One person found this helpful
on 21 December 2015
Affordable 3-year warranty gives peace of mind for older secondary school children using their first laptops, to take them through to university. The electronic and paper documentation arrived promptly. 4 stars rather than 5 because we haven't had to claim, so don't know what that experience would be, but hope not to.
on 3 November 2015
The Square Trade Protection Plan for my new laptop arrived very quickly, in fact before the laptop itself arrived. Hopefully, if I encounter any problems this plan should help to sort them out.
on 5 February 2014
Bought for piece of mind and hope never to use it. The words look good, lets hope they deliver if asked. Bought for a Kindle HDX, this option selected on advice of Squaretrade agent. All delivered electronically (payment & paperwork). Squaretrade's procedures are slick and efficient.
on 27 January 2014
The purchasing process was easy. i haven't use this warranty and hopefully would never but the process of it could be more clear rather than few pages information with small fonts. Still I'm not sure if I have to enroll somewhere or not!
one of the reasons I trusted this warranty was the user's review
on 18 March 2015
I have had bad luck with laptops so for peace of mind bought this. I use the laptop for numerous hours each day and cannot afford to keep replacing them so this will give me peace of mind.