• Customer reviews

on 17 May 2012
This is my first cafetiere and I'm pleased I've gone with this one. It's exactly enough for one mug of coffee (think 3 cup refers to 3 espresso sized cups?). It looks very smart and sleek. Coffee stays warm inside with double-wall design and you easily turn cover around so there is an opening for easy pouring. Stainless steel material means it looks clean and doesn't show fingerprints. Very nice cafetiere and I'm considering buying a larger one for guests. I wouldn't buy a glass cafetiere now as there's no chance of this one breaking, which means it's more likely to last for longer, so worth the price.
on 12 June 2016
Keeps the coffee hotter for longer than my old glass one and unlike that doesn't break when dropped! Good filter, seems stiff on the sides and no grinds make it through the filter - feels like it should last, but we're only on week 3 so who knows. Was mildly worried it might change the taste of the coffee but I've not noticed any difference whatsoever. Really pleased with it as the hotter coffee was a bonus on top of not needing to replace a smashed glass every 6 months.
on 2 July 2016
Excellent product, I used to regularly smash glass cafetieres so thought I would get one of these for work. It's insulated so you can give your coffee time for it to properly brew without loosing any heat and it will take a knock or two without rendering it unusable. The 3 cup variant is approximately a regular mug of coffee so ideal for 1 person.
on 6 December 2016
It works perfectly, keeps the coffee hot whilst brewing, when pushed down the filter does trap all of the coffee grinds, so no sludge in the cup.

Best of all it pours without spillage :)

very very happy
on 10 April 2016
This is a brilliant cafetiere and I now have a much hotter coffee in the morning than my glass one used to give me. I doubt its made in England but to my surprise they are based here which is rare in todays global marketplace. So i think with a little tlc it will give me a good few years of use and supporting a UK company pleases me too.
on 12 June 2014
I love this thing. I'm a humanitarian and travel a lot to fairly dodgy places. I like to take a few home luxuries with me, including coffee. I must have been getting through about £150 worth of glass cafetieres a year because of either transportation or fairly brutal cleaning techniques. This thing is perfect, not only could it survive nuclear Armageddon but it would use the heat of said Armageddon to keep your coffee perfectly warm for a good 45 minutes. Some people have mentioned that you can taste metal from these things when you drink from them, I can't say I notice that but concede that it is possible. If you're travelling this is a must buy, but for your house it is also a lovely looking thing. I highly recommend this
VINE VOICEon 6 May 2014
Can't believe we didn't get one before this!
When the glass inside our cafetiere broke for the second time, I decided to invest in this. It's much better!
1) of course it doesn't break
2) it keeps the coffee hot for hours, I've poured coffee an hour after making it and it was still hot (not just warm, and worth drinking not like that dodgy "warmed up in a microwave" solution). Very pleased
NOTE that their idea of cup size is tiny. We get two mug fulls
on 18 May 2018
Love it.. Everything about this Cafetiere is top quality and the coffee stays piping hot.
Bought one as a present for my folks but liked it so much bought one for ourselves too.
on 27 October 2012
Having recently purchased two Grunwerg cafetieres it makes me wonder why we ever stuck with the glass variety. These machines are so well designed for the job. They're sturdy, attractive, well-engineered and keep the coffee hot for a good time after making it. (The trouble is the coffee is so good I'm drinking more, especially because the second cup is still piping hot!) The machines wash well, no finger-prints to constantly polish off, and more importantly pour like a dream. No drips on the table. There's no going back to the glass variety for us. A wonderful find!
3 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2014
Very pleased. Arrived well packed and undamaged. The coffee stays hot enough for at least 40 minutes which is fine for husband to have a cup and a refill after half an hour or so. Yes it makes a little noise when the plunger is depressed, nothing I can't live without.

I note that people comment on the "cup size" for these cafetieres. Everyone should know that they are talking about espresso cups, at least they should state that in the advertising blurb. From years of experience, I know this without being told, and a six cup is going to give husband two good mugs. We are very happy with this item.