on 15 March 2015
If you use Allen Bradley PLC s you should buy this. It's not generic, basically it's RS logics 500. Nice book for those who aren't really experts but use PLCs. And you get an adobe file if you ask for it which is a nice touch.
Now do one for 5000. 500's a bit out of date.
on 16 April 2012
I bought a couple of books for programming Allen Bradley, as I started a new job and had to make the transition from Mitsubishi IEC to AB RSlogix.

At first, it felt like a step back, coming back to a "ladder" environment, as well as learning new data file types etc. Anyway, I opted for the book, but only for saving on my PC in Kindle format. The author has also been kind enough to send me a PDF copy, which meant I could carry a copy on my smartphone.

Overall the book is clear, concise, what I expected to be honest. The author has tried his best to explain things in plain English, I certainly helped me in setting up the PLC expansions etc., and once I'd got the hang of RSLogix, the book is still a good reference point to go back to, time and time again
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 January 2012
bought it in PDF version. very simple easy to understand language. espacially enjoyed and found useful chapters about shift registers and sequencers. understood at last what's that function "mask" is all about. myself I've worked many examples presented in this book which greatly helped me to comprehend shift tregisters and sequencer applications. encouraged and truly motivated by the ilustrations and proverbs which make the book quite unique.
on 1 September 2015
Great info but as per other feedback would prefer in PDF format but unable to find a way other than this to contact seller.