Customer reviews

Sony PlayStation 3 Move Charging Station (PS3)

on 18 August 2016
Old technology that works pretty well and does what it needs to. Keeps the two Move handsets neat and tidy while making easy to keep them fully charged which hopefully will really come into its own when the PS Virtual headset gets released later this year. I'm using them with a PS4 and clearly they will work with either PS3 or 4 but when originally manufactured the PS4 didn't exist hence no mention on the packaging.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 January 2018
It seems very odd that we have little alternative other than buying this official PS3 accessory to charge our PS4 moves but that's where we are I'm afraid. The short review of this is that it does its job perfectly but at the £20 I paid it seems rather overpriced.

This unit comes with it's own mains charger and charges off the side pins in the Move controllers. This is important as it means it's compatible with both revisions of the controllers (Micro and Mini USB). Sadly a charger like this is a real necessity (first world problems) as the Moves won't charge off most usb plugs as they need data to start charging.

Anyway, overall this is a great product, just feels odd to be rebuying something I sold for 50p to CEX the best part of ten years ago.
on 17 March 2016
A cheap price for a quality build. Can't fault it. I've recently rediscovered Move on ps3 and I'm having a blast with all the games I've bought. Naturally, the two Move Controllers I have purchased required constant recharging so I bought this item. It's excellent!. Just plonk the Move Controllers in the charging unit and that's it. I leave mine on over night but it doesn't take that long to charge. The next day I'm whirling around the living room fighting skeletons,demons, ghosts, aliens etc. The only trouble is work gets in the way. Bottom line.... excellent product for the price and, as it charges from the mains, it frees up your ps3.
on 18 December 2016
Brilliant for charging my two move controllers.
I was a little worried that the battery charge had gone because I was using the usb cable to charge them but they lost power the next day after 1 hour use. I put them on charge using this and the next day they were fully charged. I tried them the day after without charging them and they work still full.
on 19 December 2016
This clever dock allows you to charge any combination of PlayStation Move or Navigation controllers. Perfect for PlayStation VR owners to keep a pair of PS Move ontrollers ready for immediate use. Plugs into the wall avoiding the need to hog valuable USB sockets on the PS4 and have additional wires trailing around your set-up. Great.
review image
2 people found this helpful
on 16 February 2016
PlayStation Move is a motion-sensing game controller platform, based around a camera (Sony PlayStation 3 Eye Camera with EyeCreate (PS3)), a handheld motion controller wand(Sony PlayStation 3 Move Controller - Black (PS3)), and a navigation controller(Sony PlayStation 3 Move Navigation Controller (PS3)). This is a good quality product at a reasonable price, and it works as expected. I have not noticed any major problems with it.
on 29 July 2013
One thing you have to appreciate about Sony is that they always make well built official peripherals, be it the Sharpshooter, the Move Shooting attachment, Bluray remote even the official controllers you'll struggle to find 3rd party peripherals which compare from a quality standpoint and in my opinion alot of the official products are leaps and bounds ahead of some other consoles official merchandise.

This is no exception, the one thing which does set it apart however is that its cheap as chips - £2 at time of writing which is giving them away even though Sony did pretty much ditch on Playstation Move a long time ago.

In regards to the peripheral itself its everything you'd expect from official Sony, matches the finish of the PS3 perfectly with a piano black finish thus fits in next to the console or TV, reasonably weighty so doesn't feel cheap and no risk of overbalancing once you stick your controllers into it.

No real criticisms, they possibly could have included the option to USB charge from the dock as well as wall charge but other than that a faultless product.
on 24 August 2017
I had so much fun playing with these . Lots of titles for the PS3 . PS4 lacks move titles though. It works with PS4 too . I have the PS VR with which this works on a couple of titles. The tracking is very accurate . No lags or delays . Just set up the camera and give it the right distance and it will work as expected.
on 6 May 2017
Not sure why sony doesn't make these anymore. They really are great. super easy to use and the charging slots have a spring loaded mechanism that expands the slot when you put the larger move controller in then it shrinks for the move navigation controller.
on 17 November 2015
Not much to say really - I bought this for £2.97 brand new (!) from a third party vendor, delivery cost was nil. The charging station does the job, and it actually means my Move controllers aren't thrown about or found wedged in a sofa somewhere. Most reviewers seem happy with the charging station at its original price - for the less than £3 that you can now get it for, it's a no-brainer!