Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 November 2010
I have been anticipating this recording for a while. This was a great success when first premiered, and at a first listening you realise why. This fully deserved to be a full recording.
Opera Rara as always have done this recording full justice, the disappointment is that it is only the highlights. I understand that a full recording would probably extend to 3 discs, and you are at the state of what great music are we missing?
The singing is sublime, and although I am not yet fully conversant with the plot, the music stirs the soul to make the hairs stand up. There is a full libretto, and I believe we have the best.
I now have 13 Mercadante recordings, and wait for more.
I understand there is a recording of Don Chisciotte out there, but I am unable to find it, can anyone help?
After playing this now for more than 10 times, I am yearning for more. Buy this - you will not be disappointed.
88 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse