on 11 November 2012
This microwave is more compact but taller than most standard microwaves. I was sceptical about the crisp function but have been surprised to find that it works perfectly. Today I cooked 2 sausages (took 6 and a half mins) and 2 slices of bacon (about 4 mins 45) - the sausages were beautifully cooked and nicely browned, the bacon was crisp without being overcooked or charred and my egg took 1 min 15 secs.

I was more surprised to find that oven chips cooked well in it too, I used marks and spencers fresh (rather than frozen) crinkle cut chips and 3 mins cooking on each side they were perfect, I also had an individual chicken pie and I cooked it for 10 mins, piping hot inside and lightly browned crispy shortcrust pastry.

If you are looking for recipe ideas - there are some recipies on you tube if you search for "max up my cooking". It's also important to read the quick reference guide to understand how the microwave, grill and combi functions work; this will ensure you select the correct function and more importantly to let the crisp plate cool before washing and avoid touching the roof of the oven after the grill has been used. Both get very hot.
on 6 November 2012
Brilliant item, good looking microwave, fits snug in the corner,crisp function is very good, perfect bacon in 4 min's, pastry items also fantastic to re-heat using the crisp function. Easy to keep clean. Well done Whirlpool.
on 15 December 2013
This is a compact microwave that, partly due to the rounded back, takes up a lot less space than the previous one that we had.

Part of the small footprint is achieved by making it taller than some microwaves. That was not an issue for us as we have nothing above it but if that might be a problem then check the dimensions given in the product details.

Some people have claimed that inside the top is too low to be usable. Inside it is quite a bit shorter than our previous one but it is tall enough for almost everything that we use a microwave for. The one minor issue that we have had is that Covent Garden soup cartons are just a bit too big to fit in, so we just snip the top off of them.

When it finishes heating the light stays on and the turntable keeps rotating for five minutes, plus there is a single ping every minute. This seems to annoy some people a lot. The turntable rotating is perhaps a bit silly but the other points seem fine or even beneficial to me. I can see what state the item is in without having to take it out and if I am out of the room the ping will remind me about it.

There are no recipes specifically for this, not even on the website. Personally I see that as a good thing. Recipe books that come with a device are, in my experience, not that good as the emphasis is using that device rather than making something good. As for complaints about not knowing how long to cook/heat something for I don't really understand what the problem is. You cook something until it is done to your liking, just because the packet says a certain time you might prefer something cooked longer or shorter. That is true for all cooker, whether microwave or conventional.
on 4 July 2013
I love this microwave to bits as especially the colour and the fact that it goes into the corner. This is the third one I have purchased they last just over the 2 year point and as the warranty is only for 2 years I have to buy another one !!! This is the only corner microwave you can buy this is why I keep buying as it fits in my lovely red kitchen. This time I will take the extra warranty another £61.00 but it will be covered with 5 years parts and labour so will be worth it.
on 30 December 2011
This compact microwave device with a designer look is value for money. It is user friendly and does a variety of things without having too many functions which never will be used. The 750 machine warms milk better than stronger powered machines. There is a handy warning signal if you forget to take the food out. It is also very good looking. I am happy with it and use it every day.
on 3 December 2011
It is a brilliant product and is nice and compact, great for space saving. It is easier to maintain, but the controls are fragile, that is, sometimes it takes a few pushes to operate them. Otherwise great value for money.
on 30 July 2012
I like this microwave oven very much. I was a bit worried about the lower height of the oven cavity, but in fact it has only been a problem with one of my dishes I usually use in the microwave. Definitely worth that sacrifice as the fit in the corner design has given me what looks like a lot of extra work top space. Have still to try the crisper feature so cannot comment on that as yet.
on 7 September 2011
When my wife saw this MAX 38 Crisp microwave she was intrigued my to my disapointment. I thought oh no another peice of kitchen equipment that we do not need as we already had a microwave. Still as us men do to keep our loved ones happy, I purchased one. From the time of purchase to the time of this new MAX 38 arriving wasa shorter period than waiting for a letter to arrive. It was packed so well my wife had to wait for me to come home, it was so tightly packed that I had to be careful how I took the box to peices. Enough of that this is supposed to be a reveiw of the product the "MAX 38 CRISP" the only thing missing was the baby bottle warmer, hey we're retired way past having another family and our grandchildren are past the bottle stage.

The MAX 38 CRISP turned out to be an all-in-one cooker - a grill - obviously a microwave - a combination cooker - and it turns out crispest pizzas you'll ever find - another thing have you ever tried to cook a pie in the microwave oven? Yes they fall flat, not with the MAX 38 CRISP...Click on this link and see for yourself Whirlpool Max 38 Crisp Microwave the one thing we couldn't find was a directions leaflet. Ah I said to my darling wife lets go to the Whirlpool website and see what we can find. Well the MAX 38 CRISP is so new that they haven't yet got the directions for this model online but, isn't there always a 'but' there was a similar model but it was called a "MAX 28 CRISP" so I downloaded the instructions for this model and made up a pamphlet from this. Obviously I had to set up the page so it printed thats easy though all I had to change was the paper size. Baffling isn't it, you work out how to operate something and then your wife wants instructions on how to use it! The MAX 38 CRISP is so easy to use a ten year old could tell you without any instructions......I hope that I haven't bored anyone - WARNING to my fellow man the new microwave is now taking pride of place in the kitchen and the old microwave is now taking the place of my computer that was in the bedroom! Now has been banished to the spare room........it is worth it though, try it for yourselves.................Good Cooking.
77 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2013
this microwave oven takes up very little counter space, looks great, instruction leaflet could be better, not very informative but how difficult is a microwave anyway?
on 6 December 2012
At first i was unsure about the colour of the microwave, however it's not as pick as the picture shows, it's actually a nice pale red on the front and metallic red on the back. It is a great space saver, it still fits a 28cm plate in but take up half the space a conventional microwave doe. Not to mention the Crisp function on the microwave really does work, my only downside to it was that it is quite heavy and that as with any new appliance took some getting used to.