Customer reviews

on 3 June 2011
This is the second of these books I have bought - the first was for Finland. I love it because it gives a different insight into the country and culture. It covers all sorts of things including landscape, architecture, business meetings and eating out. There are some funny anecdotes and quirky insights that bring a touch of humour and colour. I only visited Norway for a brief trip so it was not all relevant, but if I was going there for longer or to live this would be invaluable.
on 13 February 2013
This book gives the main facts you need to know if you are considering visiting or wanting to live in the country. It covers the main points and an understanding of the culture.
VINE VOICEon 1 November 2014
My soan shi'a family moved to Norway for a 4 year contract. On our first visit we were lent this book. It was great reading - it gives the history, culture and etiquette of the Norwegians. Much better than a traditional guide book, and essential reading if you are going there to work or for an extended visit. Cannot recommend too highly.
on 12 May 2014
I had no preconceptions about Norway and found this book essential to tailor my expectations of the country (stunning) and the people (reserved but delightful). Thank you
on 21 February 2013
I have not read all of this, but only skimmed through about half of it - I have found myself with other more pressing things to do. However, I am keen to get back to it. It was very readable and informative. So my reaction so far has been very favourable, and I don't think that is likely to change when I do go back to it.
on 13 November 2013
A fairly interesting read but quite misleading and probably dated. Claims there is no poverty in Norway but there are many people begging on the street in Oslo.