Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited for Family Shop now Learn more

Amtech D2200 C-Clamp, Clear, 11-Inch
Package Quantity: 1|Change

on 4 July 2013
Don't look at this when you switch on all 32 lights. You won't be able to see for a while.
Down side is it's a bit heavy, but once you've blinded the other person you can hit them over the head with this and render them totally unconscious.
Also, the batteries have a tendency to come loose, so I need to cut a bit of cardboard to go between the batteries and the battery cover, but really, this is not a problem.
It's bright. It's inexpensive. It works. If you put it on a table and make batman shapes in it, he will see it wherever he is.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2013
Really handy torch this that everybody should have about the house/garage/shed. It is as bright as you'll ever need & stays on your head through normal use. It is quite heavy though so not suitable for night joggers/runners, It eats batterys as well so make sure you have some rechargeables.

I've come back to say that this torch is actually really good on batterys, It was my mistake before as I use a few sets of chargeable batterys & must have put a set in that were not fully charged. Doh!!!
I've since been back & bought 2 more of these so that I can keep one in my shed & have a spare just in case. Must have item for me now & gets the full 5 stars.

EDIT x 2

Back for another one of these as All my others have broken in one way or tuther over time so they don't last long if you're anything like me. They are so handy though I just have to have at least 1 around teh house & they are cheap so I'll just try to be more gentle this time & see whether it's me or the torch that's the issue Lol
on 26 December 2015
Excellent light, very bright, not too heavy. Good fit. Survived getting dropped in a muddy puddle. Never had the problem with the battery compartment as others have. But be warned, it you're going to use this a lot as I do (night time dog walks every night with light on full beam), then invest in rechargeable batteries. From full charge the light last for about 4-5 dog walks (30-45 mins each time), then the batteries start to run out and need recharged. That would be VERY expensive without rechargeable batteries.
on 13 January 2014
You get what you pay for. Fantastically bright, three different settings, comfy headband which is needed for it's size and weight but battery cover clips suspect, one incredibly hard to open and close the other virtually falls open. Thought I was going to crack it when trying to insert the batteries, which ran flat very quickly on full power so beware, but the worst thing was the pivot ratchet, the one which should hold the light at any angle you want, it doesn't, even walking gently has it flopping down so that the beam points at your feet! I shall rectify mine with some knicker elastic between headband plate and the light and insert a pencil rubber as a means of holding it at one of two angles by rotating the rectangular rubber
on 31 January 2014
I bought one of these at TK Max several years ago and as my work requires me to go into lofts it has never let me down.
I had never seen it on sale elsewhere but I tracked it down to Amazon so I have just received another two that I ordered.
However, I seem to have the reverse problem of your main reviewer. Both of the torches, and one in particular, are an absolute nightmare to fit the batteries into. One of them has two of its batteries in at a slight angle as they won't go in straight.
The torch works OK but I was only just able to get the cover for the battery compartment back on and could have broken the clamps in the process. So, only 4 stars this time.
on 29 July 2013
I bought this to replace a smaller type with less LEDs. It is quite large but very comfortable when strapped to the skull. Temping though it is to use all lights, the ability to use 1/4 and half power is invaluable. At full pelt this is like a headlight! This is certainly everything I expected and more. With this kind of power there are all kinds of additional uses for this including photography and video lighting; it really is that bright. I think I'm going to order another one or two. At this price you should never be far from one of these. Keep one in the car and a few around the house for emergency lighting. AA batteries are much higher capacity than AAA so a fresh set should last a while.
on 15 November 2013
First of all, if you want a bright headlamp then this is it. But there's a problem. It takes three AA batteries that fit into the lamp section of the headpiece and that makes it heavy. So when you are trying to angle it slightly it tends to be dragged down further by the weight of the lamp piece. Such a shame because it has optional light settings that get stronger as you go through them including a flashing one for cyclists, and they are all really bright. It's a great 'be seen and see far ahead' light. If only the batteries fitted in the head section allowing the light to move free of them. Still, it's cheap and I guess you have to make allowances.
on 27 November 2012
i work in a big yard area and have to pick out loads of barrels for use in a factory , this time of year its very dark out there for most of the time and this light is very very good , nice and bright and a crisp light to work with
and for the money i cannot fault it i have had a few of the smaller type of light and this is the best by a long shot
on 8 February 2014
these are not as bright as some make out, although they are quite bright, but alternativley they are not as heavy as some make out either? the problem I have found is that they are quite flimsy on the inside, I have had to pack the back of the units out to stop the batteries falling out, did find a loose wire in one of them that gets in the way when your trying to put the back on, I had previously bought an AM-TECH spotlight aswell, only lasted days, will never but AM-TECH products again, word to the wise, they are cheap but not so cheerful,not very reliable.
on 9 August 2013
Had disassembled my aerial in the attic (with loads of fibre insulation). Suffered the heat, lack of air and most of all my torch starting to function on and off. So had to leave the tidying up later when I have some reliable lighting. This head light is bright, and also leaves me hands free to reposition all the fibre insulation that I had to move the aerial cable. No instructions given but none required. Only need to tighten up a screw so that the lamp does not drop on the hinge. Fitting is great. Plasticky but this minimises the weight and it is very wearable. Inexpensive but robust enough. Good deal. Will repurchase.