Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 April 2011
Great laptop! - I've had it for a few days now and have good first impressions. After I removed all the HP bloatware it boots up fast and manages to run Office and a few programs simultaneously without noticeably slowing. I would recommend upgrading to 2Gb of RAM though, as it's a cheap upgrade that will make a lot of difference.

I would like to point out that this model on Amazon (210-2003sa) has a SINGLE core processor (Atom N455), while a slightly upgraded model (210-2006sa) has a DUAL core processor (Atom N550), which you will probably find is quicker at running multiple programmes. This may be something to take into consideration when making your decision as it is available from other online retailers in the UK for the same price. :)
on 4 May 2011
This HP netbook really performs well. What is really impressive is the battery life, I get between 6-8 hours depending upon what I'm doing. I am very satisfied with this product.

The only hassle I had was ordering the correct RAM upgrade package. What you have to remember is that the HP Mini 210 descriptor refers to a range of products with 40 or more different model numbers. I purchased the HP MINI 210 2003sa. Amazon sells other models in this range.

When looking for the correct RAM upgrade for your HP MINI 210 YOU MUST search for
"Ram upgrade for HP MINI 210 2003sa" or whatever model you have purchased.

CORRECT RAM upgrade for the HP MINI 2003sa is 2GB 204-Pin DDR3 SODIMM PC3-10600 (1333Mhz)

Similar methodology for different model numbers..
on 2 January 2011
Looking at this netbook it is clear that it looks great. Well, when it arrive I was pleasantly surprised to see that it looked even better than the photos. The keyboard is very smooth to type with and doesn't have a gimmicky sound when you type the keys. I bought this as an additional laptop to my other (larger) 15.6" one which i will now keep as a desktop. I am in college and I wanted a more portable laptop to bring to lectures and to bring around with me. Also my selling point of this laptop was the battery life. It is outstanding at 10 hours, though i must admit you probably wont get that much out of it, maybe only 6-7 which is still pretty impressive. Although I gave this netbook 5 stars I do have one problem with it and that is to do with the RAM. It is standard at 1gb, but you would feel the small amount as it is a little bit slow even in its factory state,. I wouldnt let this put you off as it still performs marvelously and I wouldnt say this it is very noticeable. I felt it was a little slow at the start but now as i am using the laptop more and more I wouldnt even notice it. But i think i will upgrade it to 2gb sometime soon in order to keep up with the evolution of software and to make my netbook last a little longer.

In total i am thrilled with my netbook and with the price, especially since there was a large difference in price between Amazon and PC World. I would recommend this netbook if you are looking to buy one. They look great and their performance is great! Well worth the money.
33 Comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 February 2011
This netbook is excellent. I set a budget of around £250 and looked at numerous alternatives, including the ASUS Eee range, a Packard Bell Dot and an ACER Aspire One.The quality of the HP Mini is head and shoulders above the others. A clear screen with no distracting fixings (similar to a Mac), quiet and quick enough in operation, excellent keyboard with separate keys. The Aspire One with a dual core processor was a similar cost and had some good reviews, but I had a good look at one and it seemed very "plasticky", like a kid's toy. I almost didn't buy this Mini because of a poor review on CNET, complaining about the trackpad and weirdly the power cable. Total rubbish! The trackpad is brilliant and there's absolutely no problem with the power cable connection (the reviewer must have been having an off day?!) PC Pro mag rates this netbook (and it's trackpad!)highly too. I'm typing this review on it now, and will ping it off by wi fi. Very pleased!

( I sympathise with the reviewer who had problems receiving their netbook, but their review of "one star" skews it's amazon rating unfairly I think, as it's not a review of the netbook itself.)
22 Comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 March 2011
Spent a lot of time looking into netbooks before this purchase, and am very happy with this choice.

I considered one of the newer processor models but the payoff seemed to be less battery life and this I needed. The speed of this machine is not a problem, in fact i would say it is good. The 1G RAM was fine, but I did put 2G in and it has made a noticeable difference. (Simple, simple, if I can do it so can anyone)

At work I have turned this on at 9am, done 7 hours writing on Word, 2 hours on the internet and had it on sleep in between. When I turned it off at 8pm it still had 10% battery left. This is with low screen light (still brighter than my laptop) and with the wifi turned off when I'm not using it.

In comparison to others i tried out, this is one sturdy piece of kit. It's well built with a great keyboard and nothing placky-tacky about it. The only reason I've not given 5 stars though is the annoying design fault of tiny up/down arrow keys. I have got used to it now when moving about a document, but it's not easy. It also makes it impossible to play certain games with it so my kids say: fine by me if it stops them using it, but means they wouldn't ever choose this model.

Obiously this isn't a laptop, and the limited screen size takes getting used to also. But if you need portability, battery life, and a solid build, this is for you. It's made a huge difference to me not having to cart a laptop around all day and it does everything I asked of my laptop.
on 26 April 2011
I can't recommend this product enough! If you are small business owner or are on the move a lot then this product is a must. The build quality and features are second to none and if like me you prefer actual keys instead of a touch screen then I would consider this product over a tablet purchase any day. Battery life is brilliant and despite some reviews stating that Windows 7 lags on it I have yet to experience it and find it a joy to use both in a business capacity and for personal day to day use... Don't think twice about buying one of these netbooks, I promise you will not be disappointed!!
on 26 February 2011
I bought the HP mini 210-2001 for my wife for Christmas and was so pleased that I also bought an identical one for my son last month. It is very solidly-built, it has a touchpad of just the right sensitivity and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. It isn't a fantastically fast computer with loads of storage, but you have to pay a premium for such things in a full-spec laptop. It also has the distinct advantage that the keyboard is silver with black lettering. (I find black keyboards very difficult - try finding the buttons on the touch pad in a less-than brilliantly lit room.) I should add that the battery on the HP mini is very good, too.
on 6 April 2011
After reading other reviews on this I was happy to purchase. I have now had this for almost a month and I am completely delighted with the performance, battery life and most especially the keyboard. It is easy to carry around and sits very comfortably on my lap (with the help of a cushion) for me to work whilst watching TV. OK, so the screen is obviously not as big as a normal sized laptop but what's the hardship in a little scrolling? My only gripe would be Windows 7 - I just don't like it but that could be because like everyone else I have spoken with, I am just so familiar with XP.
Great product overall.
on 16 June 2011
When I started looking at HP Netbooks, I was puzzled by the mass of different model numbers. After a lot of research I found that the most important things to be aware of are: There are two processor types Intel Atom 450, and Intel Atom 550. The latter is a genuine twin core processor, and has a cycle time of 1.5Ghz, as opposed to the former which only emulates twin core and runs at 1.6Ghz so is marginally slower. The other thing to consider is that these Netbooks only come with 1Gb memory - this is not really adequate to run Windows 7 so it is well worth buying a 2Gb chip which is only £15 icluding postage, easy to fit and improves performance significantly.
The battery life is excellent - I have used for 6hrs and still had 25% charge left.
Note -there is no DVD or CD drive, but it has several USB ports.
The Netbook itself is well made, keyboard has a nice action and the in-built wireless connection runs as fast on my Broadband as a much higher spec desktop.
Some of the other makes I looked at were far less rugged and not nice to use.
The HP 210 looks and feels like a good quality piece of kit and I'd certainly recommend it.
on 28 January 2011
HP Mini 210-2003sa 10.1" Netbook (Intel Atom N455 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, Up to 10hrs battery life, Windows 7 Starter) - Blue
Bought for my wife for work note taking.They have been promising her one for a while, got fed up waiting. Does this and plenty more. May even use it myself for the odd DivX film watch, won`t say where I`ll be watching them though, lol. Great little product.