on 24 February 2012
Great product. Definitely the best collecting of Austens works. I was really happy to find a set that had a mix of both BBC and ITV adaptaions- which this has.
on 17 April 2013
Everyone of a certain age group will remember Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle in Pride and Prejudice. It is by far the best dvd in the collection. I enjoyed Emma as it was acted so well. Persuasion - well it is not faithful the book so as long you take it as an interpretation of the work it kind of works. I was a little disappointed but it could have been worse
on 18 February 2016
I already owned all of these films individually (in fact I have more than one adaptation of each), but decided it was time my youngest sister also watched some of Jane Austen's best TV representations. They're all very good!
on 23 April 2013
If you enjoyed the television series of these Austen books then this is the perfect DVD. Recommend to any Austen fan.
on 27 September 2013
Bought this set for a family friend and she was really pleased with it, having searched for just a Pride and Prejudice dvd, she ended up with 4 dvds for a reasonable price - she was more than happy with it!
on 1 September 2013
This DVD box set is great value for money. I enjoyed watching the series again and would recommend it to people who like good, sensitive acting and a portrayal of times gone by. First class in all departments.
on 21 March 2014
The Brits know how to do a great period drama! And you can't go wrong with Jonny Lee Miller and Colin Firth! Excellent series!
on 9 July 2014
This was a very well presented four box set. I have watched Pride & Prejudice loads of times now and have to say this is my absolute all time favourite of all the Jane Austen adaptations. I have also watched Sense and Sensibility which was very good although I wasn't too sure about the opening scene and wondered if this was really necessary. I have yet to watch Emma and Persuasion.
on 20 October 2013
A great set for Jane Austen fans, and especially the latest BBC series! All my best loved adaptations are there, so cannot rate it differently..
on 27 November 2011
As these are the most recent T.V.versions I was keen to see them again, as I enjoyed them very much when I had seen them on T.V. The settings and interpretations are beautifully done and the actors are to be commended for their sensitive portrayals of the characters. I bought this set more than a year ago and am happy to watch them when time allows.