Davina - Body Buff [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 24 July 2011
Just what I needed, really good workout and well laid out, you can pick which parts of the body you work out so you don't get bored.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 17 December 2010
I have all of Davina's dvds and try and do them where possible. This one is one of the better dvd's as it gives a balanced workout and good instruction. I have health problems and can only do low impact exercise and this dvd is achievable if I take it steady. It makes me feel quite normal as I don't have to use a dvd for 'mobility problems' or otherwise and Jackie is pretty good at showing low impact versions of any high impact options.

My only critism is that I would like Jackie to demonstrate a low impact version to all exercises which need it as there are still quite a few where jumping is involved. I cannot do the aerobics part because of this and even in the warm up there is some jumping. I have a lot of knowledge to improvise but people new to exercise might benefit from seeing alternatives.

Altogether I am really pleased and I hope I lose some weight as my health needs it. I would recommend people to buy this dvd.
on 16 December 2010
Love it! I have all of the Davina Fitness DVDs and up to now my favourite has been Super Body Workout as the sections can be mixed and matched to suit time and energy levels for the day! This new one, however, I believe tops Super Body Workout as the moves within it are so varied. It follows the same kind of format in that you can mix and match sections to tailor your own workout as each one is self contained, with seperate warm-up and cool down to add on each end. Your workout can be as short or as long as you need, so no excuses that you have no time as doing even one section is better than none.

Like the Davina Fit DVD, there are plenty of new moves and very little repetition throughout, so no chance of getting bored. Again, where this tops Davina Fit is its flexibility - (Davina Fit has great workouts which last about half hour each, but it is difficult to do them together as they each have their own warm-up and cool-down). There are also some quite funny moments on this one - especailly Mark trying to balance and gradually disappearing from the screen!!

Both half hour workouts (Buff Cardio and Buff Boxing) are great and each one includes 5 mins of abs on the end, although I particularly like the seperate 10 minute Buff Abs (which is broken down into 2 x 5 mins - 5 mins of easy and 5 minutes harder, which you can leave if your abs are not strong enough and you need to work up to). Similarly, the cool down (Buff Stretch) can be either 5 or 10 minutes if you need a little more stretching. There are also additional sections for Arms and Legs (Buff Legs and Core, and Buff Arms) - Brilliant!

I have tons of workout DVDs and try to follow one most days (even if its just a short one) - Body Buff will definitely be going to the top of the pile.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 January 2011
I have owned many of Davina's workout DVDs except for the pregnancy ones and I can honestly say that this is probably the best one.

I won't go into all the details, as there are some very good reviews on here already. One of the great things about this DVD is that all of the workout sections are able to be picked individually on the menu, so you can mix and match your workouts and work different parts of your body each day.

I am not a massive fan of cardio and will avoid it all costs usually, but the cardio section is probably one of the best I've done on a dvd like this, the intervals are a welcome break (never thought I'd say that) from the cardio sections which are tough.

The legs and core has to be my favourite section of the DVD, as usual Mark works you hard and it is tough going, the intervals keep your heart rate up and the cals burning which is fab.

The ab exercises are brilliant, more than just plain sit ups and help work different parts of your middle section and abs, really enjoy this.

As usual, Jackie, Mark and Davina are all fun to work out with and make it easier to get on with it, Davina sometimes struggles along with us and gets a real sweat on - especially in the legs and core, its refreshing to see a no-nonsense workout without someone with a full face of make up, just going through the motions.

Davina looks great too and its motivational to see her midriff!

All in all, a great DVD, can be used as an introduction to exercise as Jackie does an easier option each time, or for those more accustomed to exercise can take it up a notch. Finances mean I can't get to the gym anymore and this is a great substitute, if not better - you can't stay in your comfort zone with this!

I love this DVD and look forward to each one they release, but not sure how they will top this one!

I'd love for them to pick some real people who use the DVD for the next one, to show how easy it is to pick up...!

Well done all involved in making this DVD and thank you!
on 26 December 2010
This dvd arrived in time as I was getting really bored with the superbody workout. the weather had stopped me from going out running so I was stuck with dvd's. Usually a mixture of running and a davina dvd does the trick.

Davina, Jackie and Mark have put a very good dvd togeather. I like being able to choose a workout followed by a specific toning area or two if I have the energy.

There are no draw backs apart from the back ground which I don't like and some repetitions.

Keep it up
on 13 December 2010
I received my copy with great anticipation on Saturday morning and managed a full workout on both the Saturday and Sunday. I love the music on this one and if you aren't ready to get going by the end of the (quite long) warm up then what's wrong with you? I spent all of this year doing Davina Fit 4 times a week as it was only half an hour each evening so fitted into my schedule and I've lost 15lbs - with the longer workouts on this DVD I'll probably do it 3 times a week. I did like the fact that rather than a set routine repeated twice there seemed to be more one minute workouts (a bit like Mel B's totally fit workout) and I particularly like the stretch section that just continues rather than you having to select a specific yogo strech as on the Fit workout. I did the entire cardio section at Jackie's level using low impact moves and still found it very worthwhile - I like the fact that you can do one move high impact and the next low if you like. This is one of the best yet - long may she bring out DVDs anually - I don't know what I will do if she stops making them!!????
on 13 April 2011
Bought this to help regain my figure as 18 months after having my 3rd child, and despite a healthy outdoors lifestyle, I still had poor abdominal muscles. A friend does the Davina workouts and has a trim, toned, flat abdomen so I thought I'd give it a go. I've been doing it 5 days a week for 4 weeks (though after 2 weeks did buy Davina Fit, just for a change) . The difference to my body shape has been amazing (so says my husband too) . My tummy is noticeably more toned, I have much better stamina and no longer ache after the exercises, though I religiously do the warm up and the stretch. I actually look forward to my workout sessions and feel rewarded when I've done them. I have a holiday booked for 6 weeks time and would like to continue afterwards too; to keep up the good work. When I first did the exercises they CREASED me, particularly the lunges and the squats in the boxing workout, but the marches after each set were a godsend to give the legs a breather ready for the next set. I moved very stiffly the morning after at first but still worked out and this seemed to take the stiffness away.
My friend has been doing the Davina workouts for years, so I don't think that you get fed up of them (though you may want to buy more of her dvd's just to vary the routine) and when you see the results, then you want to just keep on going! Thank you Davina for producing such an inspirational workout DVD! FABULOUS STUFF!
on 11 December 2010
Well the run up to xmas wouldn't be the same without my Davina workout dvd. I was sooo excited when it arrived. Love the whole work out and the banter between Davina, Mark and Jackie.
Would deffo recommend this to EVERYONE!
Very funny that still after so many years doing these dvds Mark still cannot seem to balance in that stretch... really funny when he hopped out of view of the camera.
I am already looking forward to next years dvd... please never stop making them.
11 Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 January 2011
This DVD is a great addition to the collection of Davina workout DVD I own already. The DVDs she has done seem to be getting harder and harder and I love it!
The cardio part is really good and gets you puffed and there are some really good new moves in there too as well as a great little abs section at the end! The boxing section is really good for your core and requires quite a lot of balancing..but it gets easier with practice. The leg section is crueling as usual and I love the new arms section, there are no intervals in this arms section which i think is good! I think the abs section could have been longer along with the basic strech down section, I always feel i need more of a stretch so move on to the deeper stretch section.
Keep them coming Davina!
on 20 December 2010
I'd very highly recommend this DVD to potential customers!

I was excited to see the latest Davina DVD was being released as I have bought and still regularly do all of her releases over the past few years (even the pregnancy one whilst I was pregnant last year!), so pre-ordered it to add to the collection! This DVD is definitely up there with her best, which in my opinion were Super body Workout and High Energy Five. Of all the workout DVDs I own, Davina's are my absolute favourites which keep me coming back for more, and they have really toned me up, especially my arms and legs. As others have said, keep them coming please Davina!!