on 16 September 2016
I bought this for my 3year old grandson who was on holiday here from Australia. I had sent him the books earlier which he reads again and again and he loved these dvds. He would watch them for hours if we let him and he took them with him when he went home. I would highly recommend this set for boys and girls.
3 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 29 August 2017
It's absolutely wonderful. What else could it be? A step up in age group from Peppa and Ben and Holly, I don't understand why they are so underated. Charlie and Lola deserve far more attention than they receive
on 19 July 2011
Not much to add to other reviews, other than to confirm this is a lovely, well-priced set. The material is great (it was bought for a 3-year old). Each episode presents a little something to learn in an engaging, inoffensive format.

It's worth mentioning that the box set itself. It's rather large, due to the number of DVDs, but at least that means taht each DVD has it's own plastic tray. However these seem to be just all taped together, so I'm not sure about the durability of the packaging once it gets into the hands of little ones.

The menus took me a little while to figure out. There's a verbal explanation - and a symbol - indicating what each button does, rather than any words. (Of course, my little one picked up on this immediately, whereas I didn't! :)

All in all, a good set of wonderful programming and better value-for-money than buying them separately.
on 26 May 2011
We (my husband and I) love Charlie and Lola. The art is wonderful, the "lessons" are never heavy-handed and feel completely natural, and the best part is there is no artificial conflict between the siblings that they have to "work through". Instead, Charlie is just a great model of an older brother, and extremely sweet and helpful to his little sister Lola. We bought this for our 2.5 year old who has just welcomed a little sister home, and he has really taken to identifying with Charlie as a big brother, but also with Lola's imagination, questions, and sense of adventure. We are delighted by Charlie and Lola and would recommend this as a wonderful set of DVDs for all ages.
on 7 March 2013
My daughter has loved Charlie and Lola since before she could talk and she loves them still while chattering away madly now that she is Lola's age.

This collection is really complete. Not just an anthology of a few of the shows. It has ALL of them. And has small games, extras and things to do. Even interviews with the author.

The quality of the DVDs is great. Charlie and Lola represents good children's TV and showcases great children's behaviour. They are a family. They look out for and love each other. They make mistakes and learn from them. They have fun! Whoever watches the show has fun!

I love watching the shows as an adult and am glad my daughter and I can share something where we are both giggling together.

As I mentioned earlier, it was worth every penny and for the number of DVDs, I'd say it was cheap!
on 27 October 2017
My kids love this cartoon even I do too, so much stuff and can teach them to love vegetables lol
on 19 August 2017
granddaughter loves theses worth the money quick delivery recommend
on 25 May 2017
Bought for granddaughter birthday she absolutely loved it
on 8 April 2013
The Absolutely complete DVD collection of Charlie & Lola is one of the best purchases I have have made recently. My daughters aged 5 & 3 years are fans and couldn't believe it when they realised that they now had every single episode to watch whenever they wanted. The box set is nicely presented and my girls are alway asking me to 'press the yummy biscuit option' where you can select certain episodes to watch just because it looks like one of the biscuits that Charlie and Lola eat! It's been a few weeks that we have had the collection and there hasn't been a day gone by where they have watched it!
on 10 February 2013
My daughter LOVES Charlie and Lola. As an American though, I find it hard to find Charlie and Lola stuff close to home. It's not even available on TV anywhere right now. It got to the point that my little 8 year old was begging for me to find episodes on Youtube for her to watch. So I was really excited to find this collection of all the episodes for this awesome price! The shipping to the states wasn't bad and the total cost was completely worth the look on my daughters face when she saw she now had any episode she wanted at her fingertips!

On another note the Charlie and Lola cartoons are one of my favorites for kids. I have a little girl and she has an older brother just like Lola does. I love that Charlie and Lola get along so well and Charlie is so good and sweet to his sister. It's SUCH a good example to my kids when there are so may shows out there that aren't. Most of the time younger siblings are portrayed as an annoyance. This show is a breath of fresh air. I recommend it to anyone with kids! It's quality writing, with cute and creative animations. I like it so much this is the first review I have ever written on Amazon and I shop with Amazon all the time so that tells you something about how I feel about it.