Top positive review
30 people found this helpful
Super printer that should be cheap to run
on 9 October 2011
I have this running nicely printing from the attached PC and as a shared printer, including printing OK from an iPad.
Brother are offering £ cashback on this model until December 2011 (best check current availability on Brother website before you buy).
Print quality is good and output is pretty quick. Noise levels a OK, but not as quiet as the Samsung it replaced.
My main concern with this printer was to keep print costs down and there are a few features it's worth knowing about:
* duplex printing - you use fewer sheets of paper and so perhaps save a couple of quid per ream.
* brother don't chip the cartridge on this model, so refilling with toner is easier and cheaper, if you want to avoid changing the cartridge each time. Few other manufacturers allow this still.
* this model has separate drum and toner, so you don't have to replace both.
* it has a toner save mode, quality and toner density is still OK in this mode
* it is rated pretty good for electricity use
All the paper trays sit within the body and don't stick out so although it appears very slightly larger than other models, it actually is more compact in use.
Setup was quick and really straighforward. Note that there is a firmware update available.